• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Bronze X-MEN thread?

1,202 posts in this topic

Well, I can't compete with Steve's set (at least not yet :wink: ) . . . but here are the issues in my registry set so far:

th_X-men|123|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|127|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|134|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|135|96|W.jpg

th_X-men|136|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|137|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|138|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|139|96|W.jpg

th_X-men|140|96|W.jpg th_X-men|141|96SS|W.jpg th_X-men|143|96|W.jpg th_X-men|145|96|OWW.jpg

th_X-men|146|98|OWW.jpg th_X-men|148|96|W.jpg th_X-men|149|98|W.jpg th_X-men|150|96|OWW.jpg

Have a bunch more btwn #151 to #201, too . . . working on the #1 to #201 set while I'm at it.

Hey, that is a great start. :headbang:

Just keep pecking away at them one at time.

Someone needs to explain to me someday how to do those small thumbnail post.

Well, I can't compete with Steve's set (at least not yet :wink: ) . . . but here are the issues in my registry set so far:

th_X-men|123|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|127|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|134|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|135|96|W.jpg

th_X-men|136|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|137|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|138|96|OWW.jpg th_X-men|139|96|W.jpg

th_X-men|140|96|W.jpg th_X-men|141|96SS|W.jpg th_X-men|143|96|W.jpg th_X-men|145|96|OWW.jpg

th_X-men|146|98|OWW.jpg th_X-men|148|96|W.jpg th_X-men|149|98|W.jpg th_X-men|150|96|OWW.jpg

Have a bunch more btwn #151 to #201, too . . . working on the #1 to #201 set while I'm at it.

Wow, I've never seen so many 9.6s in one place...

Some of those books look familar! :golfclap:

Some of those books look familar! :golfclap:

:foryou:

Great books, Steve!! :applause:

Thanks, Casey. Coming from you, that is a real compliment. (thumbs u It was a fun run to put together and I met some great X-Men fans (like you and Doc Watson) via this run.

I probably won't have any books to post in this thread until I can add that CGC 9.9 copy of X-Men 137 or until I break down and get a 9.8 copy of X-Men 94 but I still check this thread regularly to see all the sweet books that you guys add and see the new X-Men collectors.

Great books, Steve!! :applause:

Thanks, Casey. Coming from you, that is a real compliment. (thumbs u It was a fun run to put together and I met some great X-Men fans (like you and Doc Watson) via this run.

I probably won't have any books to post in this thread until I can add that CGC 9.9 copy of X-Men 137 or until I break down and get a 9.8 copy of X-Men 94 but I still check this thread regularly to see all the sweet books that you guys add and see the new X-Men collectors.

Well, Steve if you ever get the money and the time(presumably after Robbie has graduated from college) you should go for the reprints to finish a full bronze-age x-men set and then pursue a HG SA set. (thumbs u

Well, Steve if you ever get the money and the time(presumably after Robbie has graduated from college) you should go for the reprints to finish a full bronze-age x-men set and then pursue a HG SA set. (thumbs u

I have given some thought to what X-Men to pursue next. I actually had a couple 9.8 one-and-only X-Men reprint books that I ended up having to sell to pay for the seven 9.8s I got to finish my 94-143 run. :(

I have one really nice silver book (a Pacific Coast pedigree copy of X-Men 15 featuring the Origin of the Beast) and I may get some more of those - probably before I work on the reprints but not any time soon. I have my bronze Amazing Spider-Man 100-200 run as a higher priority.

In the short run, I will definitely continue working on copper/modern X-Men. I just need two more (220 & 224) to finish my run through 250 and I will be working on 251-300 in 2009. Plus, I have a bunch of my personal collection books from 301-350 in raw 9.8 that I might submit.

I have given some thought to what X-Men to pursue next. I actually had a couple 9.8 one-and-only X-Men reprint books that I ended up having to sell to pay for the seven 9.8s I got to finish my 94-143 run. :(

I have one really nice silver book (a Pacific Coast pedigree copy of X-Men 15 featuring the Origin of the Beast) and I may get some more of those - probably before I work on the reprints but not any time soon. I have my bronze Amazing Spider-Man 100-200 run as a higher priority.

In the short run, I will definitely continue working on copper/modern X-Men. I just need two more (220 & 224) to finish my run through 250 and I will be working on 251-300 in 2009. Plus, I have a bunch of my personal collection books from 301-350 in raw 9.8 that I might submit.

If you don't care about going after pedigree copies, it seems like Silver Age X-Men are going for reasonable prices lately. The Rocky Mountain X-Men went for big numbers in the last C-Link auction, but the non-pedigree copies weren't insane at all. It might not be a bad time to pick off some nice Silver Age X-books.

Once I get my 94-143 run all in 9.6 or better (excluding 94 and GS#1), I want to pay more attention to my silver run. I am getting closer to this goal. :)

I really do not care much about X-Men higher than 143. I will continue to get all the keys like 266 and such but have no plans to fill in all the books to 300 or higher.

The modern issues just don't do much for me.

Looking forward to diving into the silver books sometime next year.

This just in.

Thanks Dre.

Another 9.4 replaced.

Taking a buying break for awhile or I would have purchased Dale's 113 he has for sale.

126.jpg

I kinda get sentimental looking at books I've had since a kid in other people's collections now. :cry:

Take good care of my baby.

Newest additions to the family:

126.jpg

12998.jpg

I got another one to post but I'm going to wait until I get it in the mail.

Great books.

I saw that the 129 came from Steve's thread, and that you passed up the 110 in 9.8 that Cheetah nabbed.

So if it is not the 110 I can't wait to see what you have coming.

Nice new avatar by the way. :)