• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sanity in Question but Outbid Anyway!

12 posts in this topic

What's the most you've ever bid on a single comic up for auction but then been outbid anyway?

insane.gif

For me it was bidding $7500 for a NM copy of Flash Comics #92 with the Black Canary cover.

makepoint.gif

Sounds saner than $8300 for a NM- Flash #123, but then again I never get used to the prices that pre-1965 Silver in high grade seem to command.

Personally, I get outbid constantly for the reason that I refuse to put insane bids on anything - sometimes to my regret, when a few years later that "insane" bid ends up looking like a bargain. foreheadslap.gif

What's the most you've ever bid on a single comic up for auction but then been outbid anyway?

insane.gif

For me it was bidding $7500 for a NM copy of Flash Comics #92 with the Black Canary cover.

makepoint.gif

How much did the book go for? Oh yeah, for me it was $3K for a TTA #43 9.4.

There was a Hulk #1 CGC 8.0 on comiclink for $12,000 about a year ago. I hit the BIN hours after it came on. Apparantly there were 3 or 4 people ahead of me that did the same thing. crazy.gif And a few after.