• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Silver Surfer #4

19 posts in this topic

Right..... here is one I was stung on ebay with some time ago. tonofbricks.gif

It has the lower spine split, as you can see, bit of a problem with these thicker publications. It has a nice gloss and the pages are really nice off white. Tiny slit TLC on the front and the other bits you can see.

On the back it is pretty self explanatory. The more I see it the more disappointed I get!!

scan0025.jpg

scan0026.jpg

Described as a 6.5 and the picture was cropped to hide the major flaws! Plus no scan of the back. I should have requested a full scan and back. I actually paid about $50 over I guess. The odd thing was I got a couple of other Silver Surfer's off the same seller and they were ok.

It could have been worse I suppose! foreheadslap.gif

"I actually paid about $50 over I guess."

that really depresses the heck out of me because in August 2005 I sold a significantly nicer copy for only about $60 and you overpaid $50 for this one!!! how was i to know surfer mania would hit in 2007!!!

3.0/3.5. It has a crease down the middle of the book on the f/c.

Actually it hasn't... it is one of the few things it hasn't got!! Must be the scan. I would probably go with a 4.0 to be honest maybe a 4.5 as it is better than the scan depicts. The pages are in nice condition and there is a really nice gloss on the cover.

I bought it in March last year and paid probably $75 over the odds to what it is graded. The seller isn't a main comic seller and hasn't sold anything comic related for months. I have had many more good or fair deals than bad so I suppose I am in credit.

I just got my jscomics Twilight Zones in this morning, #'s 84 & 85 (9.2 & 9.6), 34 (9.6) and a really nice 8.5 Avengers 45.