• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Dumbest questions ever.

25 posts in this topic

What are the dumbest questions you've been asked? I'll start it off.

At McDonalds:

Me: I would like a Mcblt.

Clerk: Would you like bacon on that?

Me: 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Okay, can I have a dozen mcnuggets please?

Clerk: Sorry sir, they only come in 6, 9, and 20.

screwy.gif

Speaking of McDonald's...

Me: "I would like a Big Mac - NOT the meal..."

Friendly Clerk: "Did you want it Supersized?"

Me: "I said I just wanted the sandwich...NO meal, NO drink..."

FC: "Okay, one Big Mac..would you like fries or a drink with that?"

Me: "That's okay, just give me a Whopper instead"

FC (with a confused look on her face) "......"

Here's another....

I'm at Best Buy in the computer section, looking at PC's. A friend of mine walks up and says "Hey how are you doing? What are you doing here? Looking at computers?" I replied, "No I'm looking to buy a new car"

Years ago when I was a telephone operator at a large hospital.

Me: Hello, this is (name withheld) Hospital. How may I help you?

*spoon* on the other end: Is this (name withheld) Hospital?

M oron foreheadslap.gif

I went to a Burger King by myself with a list and ordered about $30 worth of food for myself and co-workers and at the end they said "to stay, rght?" I said no. I couldn't believe they'd think it was all for me (not to mention I'm skinny). The guy who asked, asked a 2nd time if it was to stay, and then the girl getting the order together asked too! In their defense, though, I think they are just asking and hearing the same stuff all day and I'm sure it's maddening.

...everyone in this country should be forced to work one week out of every year at a fast food restaurant,....those people don't make half the amount of money that they deserve,....The Rocketeer want to thank the proud men and women in fast food,...he'd be dead without them,... thumbsup2.gif

...everyone in this country should be forced to work one week out of every year at a fast food restaurant,....those people don't make half the amount of money that they deserve,....The Rocketeer want to thank the proud men and women in fast food,...he'd be dead without them,... thumbsup2.gif

Did it for nearly two and a half years. Fortunately, all I did was cook. No direct customer interactions.

Sorry for the long post, but it is a funny story of stupidity you all will enjoy. It is absolutely true!

Enjoy:

I was trying to get to the EB games closest to me to buy a new video game ( I think it was an EQ expansion to be honest ). So I asked a person I work with where it was, as she lived near it. She told me to head out onto Baseline road and it is on your left in a strip mall. Sounded easy enough. I headed out onto Baseline road: a very straight highway running east west and headed out to the district of Sherwood Park. Sure enough, all I see is strip malls on the left side ( North ).

So I turned left into the strip mall looking for the EB games. I didn't see it, so I looked further East and saw more strip malls and drove into those looking. This went on for some time, and since I went on my lunch break I didnt have all day, I thought it was a good idea to phone the store for a more accurate Idea of where they were.

I noticed I didn't have enough change to pay for the phone, so I went into the service station to buy something to get the correct change. I picked out a drink knowing the change would give me all the change I needed. I walked up to the till to pay and the large intimidating looking woman with tatoos all over gave me change and said goodbye. The problem? She didnt give me my coins, she rounded the change down ( IE instead of charging me 1.10 she only charged me a dollar ) and closed the till. I then asked her if I could make change for the phone outside, she got real angry and opened the till and slammed the dollar change on the counter yelling " If you just wanted change for the damn phone why didn't you just say so!"

Anyways...

I went outside to use the phone, and looked up the phone number for EB games. The store I was headed towards wasn't listed. So I called the main store downtown. The person at that store answered , and I asked for the location of the EB Games in Sherwood Park. They gave me a direction, which wasnt on baseline road so I questioned the directions. The person swore to me that the location they gave me was correct. Now I was wondering why the girl I work with would give me such bad directional information, this prompted me to ask for the phone number to that store which they gave me. I then put more change into the phone and dialed the number. I got a wrong number, yet I knew I dialed correctly. I put more money into the phone and called the main EB store downtown again. I get " Oh I am glad you called back, I realized I gave you the wrong phone number after you hung up" Arrrghh. Now armed with the correct phone number I called the EB games store in Sherwood Park. The person on that line told me they were in Sherwood Park mall. That was not where I was told to go and mentioned the store on Baseline road. That is when I found out there were 2 stores in Sherwood Park. The person at the mall EB games gave me the number to the Baseline location. Sigh...

More problems...if you were counting, I have made 4 phone calls. At 25 cents each I have burned through all my change which meant I now had to go back inside and ask the angry intimidating woman with the tatoos for more change. I debated what to do...do I buy anything to get change..or do I just ask for the change as she said? I chickened out and went the purchase route making sure this time to say " by the way I want the coins". She just scowled at me and dropped my coins on the counter. I went outside breathing a sigh of relief that I do indeed live another day.

I called the Baseline location and actually did get them, I was amazed because so far EB games doesnt have a high track record for intelligent employees is what I was thinking. That thought would come back to haunt me real soon...

The girl on the line listened as I told her I was trying to come to her store, and that I was told it was in a strip mall off baseline road. She agreed and asked me where I was coming from. I told her Edmonton. She says "well you need to come more towards me"

"More towards you" I say?

"Yes, come more towards me"

I am dumbfounded and begin to drool. "What direction would that be?" I asked.

"I don't understand directions. You will just have to drive more closer to me to get here".

I can see this is going nowhere, and use the small scrap of brain I have although seemingly HUGE brainpan in comparison to her and ask what other stores are close to hers so I can see if I am close. She tells me she is beside Home Hardware. Aha! I have not yet seen a Home Hardware in my travels, so it is now clear to me that I need to continue going East on this straight West- East road until i see a Home Hardware.

I continue on my journey, and pass several strip malls before I see it in the distance...the Home Hardware!

I pull in to that strip mall and slowly drive looking for the EB games. I don't see it. I drive around again and still do not find the store. I get out of my car and go into the Home Hardware and ask the person at the information counter if they know where the EB games store is. She says " I don't think we carry that here. If you are looking for games maybe go across the street and try EB Games". I am about to run out of drool from being stunned by stupidity...

I say "across the street?"

She points outside and I look and see the store. Yes it is in the strip mall location, but it is a stand alone location on the far side of the parking lot. No wonder I didn't see it.

I FINALLY pulled into the EB games parking lot and go inside. There are 2 girls there gabbing to each other and I scan the disorganized display wall for my EQ expansion. I don't see it and begin to think it may be sold out and feel a slight twinge of pain.

I walk up to the counter and wait patiently for the girls to notice I am standing there. They do, but don't ask me if I need help they continue talking to my amazement. I have to literally go " excuse me?" and one of the girls says "Oh I am sorry, I thought you were listening to what we were talking about"...

I ask if the EQ expansion is in. The girl goes into her computer and then tells me they are sold out............

I asked when they are getting more, and she says they are expecting some today from the other Sherwood Park location. They tell me to come back later that day. As I am heading out the door I see a guy coming in with a Large box. I open the door for him and as he is coming in I ask him if those are games being delivered. He says yes. Hrmmm I ask the girls if I could wait for the EQ game. The girls says yes that would be fine. The 3 of them proceed to open and unpack the box and I see my EQ expansion in the pile. I was hoping, the instant they pulled it out they would simply sell it to me, but they went about their business of looking over inventory sheets, counting boxes, and slowly inputting numbers into their computer.

I stood there waiting patiently...until I saw that my game was on the bottom of this random pile and I was wondering would they literally make me wait until they have added all these games to their inventory before selling me my game? I asked if they would mind starting at the bottom of the pile and sell me the game I was waiting for. The girl said " I can't change their order"....

Finally the guy said " the order doesnt matter, sell him the game"

Thank god!

I finally buy the game, and head out noting that the hour I had for lunch has vanished, and I have not yet eaten anything. On my way back to work I decide to stop at an A&W to buy something so I can have something to eat at my desk as I work.

The drive thru was packed so I decided to go inside. Wow...my luck must be changing I thought as I was the only person inside.

I walk up to the counter and this girl who barely spoke english asks me what I wanted. She was very hard to understand and her voice had no volume at all. I asked her if they had any 2 for 1 burger specials. She punches it into the register and asks me if I wanted fries with that.

"I didnt say I wanted that. I was asking what the special was"

I got back to work 15 minutes late, happy to be in my office eating a horrible cold burger.

I decided to open my game to read the manual. There was no disc inside...

Hope you enjoyed my misery!

Artboy99

foreheadslap.gif

I got back to work 15 minutes late, happy to be in my office eating a horrible cold burger.

Artboy99

foreheadslap.gif

Which is why I check my purchases IN the store before even leaving.

I've never had a disc that was missing, but I have had damaged disks. And so on.

Artboy99

foreheadslap.gif

Which is why I check my purchases IN the store before even leaving.

I've never had a disc that was missing, but I have had damaged disks. And so on.

I usually do, in this case I was late for work.

:P

Ah well

Sorry for the long post, but it is a funny story of stupidity you all will enjoy. It is absolutely true!

Enjoy:

I was trying to get to the EB games closest to me to buy a new video game ( I think it was an EQ expansion to be honest ). So I asked a person I work with where it was, as she lived near it. She told me to head out onto Baseline road and it is on your left in a strip mall. Sounded easy enough. I headed out onto Baseline road: a very straight highway running east west and headed out to the district of Sherwood Park. Sure enough, all I see is strip malls on the left side ( North ).

So I turned left into the strip mall looking for the EB games. I didn't see it, so I looked further East and saw more strip malls and drove into those looking. This went on for some time, and since I went on my lunch break I didnt have all day, I thought it was a good idea to phone the store for a more accurate Idea of where they were.

I noticed I didn't have enough change to pay for the phone, so I went into the service station to buy something to get the correct change. I picked out a drink knowing the change would give me all the change I needed. I walked up to the till to pay and the large intimidating looking woman with tatoos all over gave me change and said goodbye. The problem? She didnt give me my coins, she rounded the change down ( IE instead of charging me 1.10 she only charged me a dollar ) and closed the till. I then asked her if I could make change for the phone outside, she got real angry and opened the till and slammed the dollar change on the counter yelling " If you just wanted change for the damn phone why didn't you just say so!"

Anyways...

I went outside to use the phone, and looked up the phone number for EB games. The store I was headed towards wasn't listed. So I called the main store downtown. The person at that store answered , and I asked for the location of the EB Games in Sherwood Park. They gave me a direction, which wasnt on baseline road so I questioned the directions. The person swore to me that the location they gave me was correct. Now I was wondering why the girl I work with would give me such bad directional information, this prompted me to ask for the phone number to that store which they gave me. I then put more change into the phone and dialed the number. I got a wrong number, yet I knew I dialed correctly. I put more money into the phone and called the main EB store downtown again. I get " Oh I am glad you called back, I realized I gave you the wrong phone number after you hung up" Arrrghh. Now armed with the correct phone number I called the EB games store in Sherwood Park. The person on that line told me they were in Sherwood Park mall. That was not where I was told to go and mentioned the store on Baseline road. That is when I found out there were 2 stores in Sherwood Park. The person at the mall EB games gave me the number to the Baseline location. Sigh...

More problems...if you were counting, I have made 4 phone calls. At 25 cents each I have burned through all my change which meant I now had to go back inside and ask the angry intimidating woman with the tatoos for more change. I debated what to do...do I buy anything to get change..or do I just ask for the change as she said? I chickened out and went the purchase route making sure this time to say " by the way I want the coins". She just scowled at me and dropped my coins on the counter. I went outside breathing a sigh of relief that I do indeed live another day.

I called the Baseline location and actually did get them, I was amazed because so far EB games doesnt have a high track record for intelligent employees is what I was thinking. That thought would come back to haunt me real soon...

The girl on the line listened as I told her I was trying to come to her store, and that I was told it was in a strip mall off baseline road. She agreed and asked me where I was coming from. I told her Edmonton. She says "well you need to come more towards me"

"More towards you" I say?

"Yes, come more towards me"

I am dumbfounded and begin to drool. "What direction would that be?" I asked.

"I don't understand directions. You will just have to drive more closer to me to get here".

I can see this is going nowhere, and use the small scrap of brain I have although seemingly HUGE brainpan in comparison to her and ask what other stores are close to hers so I can see if I am close. She tells me she is beside Home Hardware. Aha! I have not yet seen a Home Hardware in my travels, so it is now clear to me that I need to continue going East on this straight West- East road until i see a Home Hardware.

I continue on my journey, and pass several strip malls before I see it in the distance...the Home Hardware!

I pull in to that strip mall and slowly drive looking for the EB games. I don't see it. I drive around again and still do not find the store. I get out of my car and go into the Home Hardware and ask the person at the information counter if they know where the EB games store is. She says " I don't think we carry that here. If you are looking for games maybe go across the street and try EB Games". I am about to run out of drool from being stunned by stupidity...

I say "across the street?"

She points outside and I look and see the store. Yes it is in the strip mall location, but it is a stand alone location on the far side of the parking lot. No wonder I didn't see it.

I FINALLY pulled into the EB games parking lot and go inside. There are 2 girls there gabbing to each other and I scan the disorganized display wall for my EQ expansion. I don't see it and begin to think it may be sold out and feel a slight twinge of pain.

I walk up to the counter and wait patiently for the girls to notice I am standing there. They do, but don't ask me if I need help they continue talking to my amazement. I have to literally go " excuse me?" and one of the girls says "Oh I am sorry, I thought you were listening to what we were talking about"...

I ask if the EQ expansion is in. The girl goes into her computer and then tells me they are sold out............

I asked when they are getting more, and she says they are expecting some today from the other Sherwood Park location. They tell me to come back later that day. As I am heading out the door I see a guy coming in with a Large box. I open the door for him and as he is coming in I ask him if those are games being delivered. He says yes. Hrmmm I ask the girls if I could wait for the EQ game. The girls says yes that would be fine. The 3 of them proceed to open and unpack the box and I see my EQ expansion in the pile. I was hoping, the instant they pulled it out they would simply sell it to me, but they went about their business of looking over inventory sheets, counting boxes, and slowly inputting numbers into their computer.

I stood there waiting patiently...until I saw that my game was on the bottom of this random pile and I was wondering would they literally make me wait until they have added all these games to their inventory before selling me my game? I asked if they would mind starting at the bottom of the pile and sell me the game I was waiting for. The girl said " I can't change their order"....

Finally the guy said " the order doesnt matter, sell him the game"

Thank god!

I finally buy the game, and head out noting that the hour I had for lunch has vanished, and I have not yet eaten anything. On my way back to work I decide to stop at an A&W to buy something so I can have something to eat at my desk as I work.

The drive thru was packed so I decided to go inside. Wow...my luck must be changing I thought as I was the only person inside.

I walk up to the counter and this girl who barely spoke english asks me what I wanted. She was very hard to understand and her voice had no volume at all. I asked her if they had any 2 for 1 burger specials. She punches it into the register and asks me if I wanted fries with that.

"I didnt say I wanted that. I was asking what the special was"

Artboy99

foreheadslap.gif

lol

oh my gut hurts so bad..I think because we all have faced those people in our retail adventures. Especially the girls chatting at EB. Hope you finally got the disc. Now come and play WOW with some of us other board members.

Wife and I once threw a dinner party with a French theme. She wanted French cafe music to go with the french food. We went to the local Virgin Megastore. Young clerk asks my wife if she needs help. She says, "I'm looking for French music." He doesn't understand until she gets it through his head that she wants music from France. He then says, "Is that in Europe?"

Nowadays, if we don't know where the cats are, they're "In France."

i don't get it

Here's a few more:

Working at a coffee shop back in the day:

1) Customer comes in and asks " Do you sell coffee?" foreheadslap.gif

2). Same coffee shop. I was watching this old lady stare up at the speakers in the store. I asked her if I could help her.Her response was, " Actually, I was wondering how I could rewind the tape and play that song again.It was such a nice song. Can you go in the back and rewind the song for me?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

3) .Again,same coffee shop.I was wearing my uniform complete with a name tag. A customer walks in and asks," Excuse me, do you work here?"

My response should have been: No *spoon*,I just love to wear this costume for no reason.In fact, I come here on my days off from my real job just to pretend to work so that when people like you ask me that question ,I tell them no. But I did not want to lose the job. confused.gif