• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amaing Spider-Man 100

18 posts in this topic

OK, Here's a copy of Spidey 100 that was sold to me as a VF/NM, but the book has some defects to it.

Most notably, the bottom left hand corner of the back cover has a bit of a "rough area"or "crinkling" to it, to say the least. There is also a tear halfway up the book around the middle of the yellow coupon area. There is also a slight rip midway up the book to the left of the yellow coupon across from the word "reply". Another problem is the "crease" about 2 inches long above the yellow word "new" and a non-breaking color crease to the top left hand corner. That roughness to the bottom left hand corner also affects some pages to the inside of the book.

The front cover has that "ding' to the bottom of the spine and I actually see some sort of "glue", or something, down there keeping the book from getting more damage in that area. I say "glue" because when I turn the book towards the light I can some see sort of a shine, or reflection,coming from that area. There is also a"bend" to the book over the face of Gwen Stacey.

I'm not sure what kind of a grade to give this copy. It does present itself well, but I need help with a grade. I am posting pictures of the back cover and the spine.

www.jalabar.com/bnb/books/Spideyback.jpg

www.jalabar.com/bnb/books/scan0004.jpg

I don't see a scan of the front cover; can you provide one? But from the defects you describe and the scans you provide, I don't think the book will grade higher than the 6.5/7.0 range. frown.gif Sorry to hear it mate.

Guys, can I get a few posted responses for the grade of the book..?? I am mulling over with the seller over sending it back for a full refund or a partial refund depending on a consensus of grade. I would appreciate it. Glenn

I see the front page scan ... seems to be a bit of accumulation of small stuff on the front. Can't see the glue. See the problems you mentioned on the back.

I feel awkward about saying this to someone who bought it as a VFNM, but I think you have a book that's 7.5.

I see the front page scan ... seems to be a bit of accumulation of small stuff on the front. Can't see the glue. See the problems you mentioned on the back.

I feel awkward about saying this to someone who bought it as a VFNM, but I think you have a book that's 7.5.

No need to feel"awkward". The seller and myself came to an agreement on a reduced price for the book. Thanks for looking............... thumbsup2.gif