• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What 5 Golden Age books would you pick if.........

32 posts in this topic

Pre Batman Tecs !

Their amongst the oldest comicbooks[in the modern format] There covers are the most gorgious artistically speaking of the entire Detective run.[i love Flessel]

They are the most affordible of the vintage goldenage Tec run [believe it or not]

They are actually out their in low grade unrestored] I mean theres more than I thought there were.There is growth potential in the undervalued Pre Batman Tec run.Its been undervalued for years.Your literally buying the very beginnings of the D.C universe. [with the exceptions of the New funs] Which were not in the modern comicbook format as they call it.

hello all...

well said...I know Steve likes the early Tecs...tough to get VF's for under 10K, but I have bought multiples of all early Tecs 29-37 in the last year, and I agree, you can't go wrong!

rick

Rick, I overlooked that he said in V.F. You wont find high grade unrestored Pre Batman Tecs. Their all locked up in collections. You will do nicely with 2.0 to 5.5 though which at least you have a shot at.

Rick, I overlooked that he said in V.F. You wont find high grade unrestored Pre Batman Tecs. Their all locked up in collections. You will do nicely with 2.0 to 5.5 though which at least you have a shot at.

yep, that is pretty much what I have found (the occasional 7.5/8.0, but priced higher than I wanted to pay)...and most are going for 2-6X guide now even in low/mid grade (and I still consider some of them "cheap" by comparison)

rick

You can forget the white pages too with Pre Bat Tecs. Thats just to high a standard for a comicbook from 1937 to 1939.[With the Pedigree exceptions of course] and that is even a tall order for a Mile high., white/ off white or straight off white would be more likely with a Mile High though I am aware that their are possibilities for white pages with Mile Highs on occassion.

Pep 1

Pep 17

Pep 22 ®

Pep 23

Pep 24

You have a one track mind...

But, it's on the right track thumbsup2.gif

BTW, per your want list, I have a spare 9.8 Pep 22. PM me if you're interested.

With white pages?

thumbsup2.gif

I think rickydan is a big fan of the non sequitur.

or single-minded of purpose?

Certainly don't have enough of those around here. tongue.gif

action 1, where are the copies

I'm not sure why....but I already like Rickydan's posting style.....can't wait to see what 38 word, vague and unfocused scentence he posts next...... popcorn.gif

From reading his other posts, I have learned he joined the Boards this week, his name is Mike K., and he has at least 2 sons. Welcome to our world Rickydan!