• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Oh, hey, a thread I actually have some books that fit in!

Here's hoping I can get the books to show up correctly.

Target2-6.jpg

Not my only Gerber 7 Target, I've got v3 n2 as well. Shame about the corner.

MoreFun121.jpg

Once again, not my only Gerber 7 More Fun, I've got several of the issues from 117-127.

Funnies3.jpg

This one doubles as the oldest comic in my collection, unless you want to count the Mr. & Mrs. book Whitman did in 1922.

PeterWheatNews44.jpg

OK, not technically a Gerber 7, since Gerber doesn't list it. Overstreet says Peter Wheat News only ran to issue #30. I suspect this may actually be a 10; goodness knows I've never seen another copy (and only a couple other intact issues of the title, period). The interior art is much better, by Al Hubbard.

And, of course, the highlight of my collection:

SugarSpike1.jpg

Some very rare UK golden age - probably less than 10 copies exists of each

MarvelTales6.jpg

DaringHero.jpg

StraightArrow4.jpg

BlueBolt2.jpg

Not sure if this annual was ever published... never seen one

BlueBoltarchie.jpg

G-Man9.jpg

arguably, the first ever "graphic novel"

CrimeComicAlbum.jpg

Skyline1.jpg

This is for swapto. This is quite possibly the rarest DC on the planet. It is the Worlds finest giveaway. There were 2 of them. I have seen 2 or 3 people with the second one but this is the first one and I know people who have been looking for 30 years for one and have never even seen a picture of one. This is not coverless. It did not come with a cover.

001-2.jpg

I was told this was a Gerber 7 (Scarce). Could anyone please confirm/deny? Thanks!

DodoandtheFrog-92-Scarceb.jpg

Ciorac's right, Gerber 6, but funny animal books are one of those genres EG did not put a lot of time into assessing for the Scarcity Index. Quite a few DC funny animal books would rank higher. When my kids were working on a DC funny animal set there were a lot that were near-impossible to find, this issue being one of them. Then again it could be that due to being perceived as cheap, not too many appear on the marketplace. Peter Panda has a few that are a real B!7ch.