• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

I got to chime in with comicjack here Joe...that comic is simply amazing! WOW!

Does the book have a history that you'd care to share? Amazing condition.

This Funny Page is a Gerber 7 which hard to find in any shape

100_3777.jpg

....I've lusted after that cover ever since I first saw it in the Gerbers.....and a 7 is probably an understatement on most of the Centaurs...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

41 is the "Larson" copy..... and threw in the 40 and 42 as "bookends". jb

131420.jpg.4b239efc3ad02ffb70951ffa01de59ea.jpg

131421.jpg.5098345e4cca79baa161b9f5ea73fb2f.jpg

131422.jpg.19f8391316a737410d18a10ce04a6ce6.jpg

Shane! What you doing here?!!! :hi:

I got it from comicconnect years back, its one of my top 3 books, I just love it, great PQ, extremely hard to find, one day there will be a higher graded one and I will cry (and have to go after it). I was thinking of going after some of the 'negro' books e.g. 'negro romance' and 'negro heros', in speaking with Vincent Z he said this is the one you want if you can find a copy.

It actually led to this interview as I was on my way with wife and mom to see Watchmen

http://mije.org/richardprince/journalisms-next-thing#Comic

"Only $10,600" :ohnoez:

"600 comics" :facepalm: those were the days

I have to take an individual pic, but the giant Classics book in the lower left is a Gerber "9".

GroupShot.jpg

So, Mark, do you actually work, or do you spend all your waking hours bouncing all over the place closing the gap with JB? ;) Nice batch!

Apparently I tend to bounce. :headbang::banana:

This Funny Page is a Gerber 7 which hard to find in any shape

100_3777.jpg

....I've lusted after that cover ever since I first saw it in the Gerbers.....and a 7 is probably an understatement on most of the Centaurs...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

41 is the "Larson" copy..... and threw in the 40 and 42 as "bookends". jb

Nice books guys!

In terms of cover image, #40 appeals to me most of those three because the color scheme is so unusual!

Shane! What you doing here?!!! :hi:

I got it from comicconnect years back, its one of my top 3 books, I just love it, great PQ, extremely hard to find, one day there will be a higher graded one and I will cry (and have to go after it). I was thinking of going after some of the 'negro' books e.g. 'negro romance' and 'negro heros', in speaking with Vincent Z he said this is the one you want if you can find a copy.

It actually led to this interview as I was on my way with wife and mom to see Watchmen

http://mije.org/richardprince/journalisms-next-thing#Comic

"Only $10,600" :ohnoez:

"600 comics" :facepalm: those were the days

Hey Joe! I am a fan of the Golden Age and couldn't resist a discussion on the Gerber Index. I hope to change my collecting focus within the next few years. What better place to learn than the CGC forums?

The ANC #1 is a piece of history...valuable in any condition! Once again, kuods on the astonishing book!

(worship)