• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Over the years I have nabbed, and sold, most of the Gerber 7-10s, White Spaces, and lots of unlisted/unknown stuff (ask Captain Zaid...he's ended up with a bunch of 'em) but this one eluded me for YEARS. Finally... :banana::whee:

KCAlbum.jpg

:headbang:

Over the years I have nabbed, and sold, most of the Gerber 7-10s, White Spaces, and lots of unlisted/unknown stuff (ask Captain Zaid...he's ended up with a bunch of 'em) but this one eluded me for YEARS. Finally... :banana::whee:

KCAlbum.jpg

Well, now I know who I was bidding against!! :hi:

Not sure if this Silver Streak is a Gerber 7 or higher, but I have only seen this and one other copy. The Wow #2 is a 9 or 10 I'm pretty sure. Someone with their Gerber's handy can tell us on the Silver Streak.

Silver%2520Streak%2520%2523nn%2520%2528150%2529.jpg

Page%252001%2520%2528Wow%2520%25232%2529.jpg

I believe it is the no numbered issue. My Gerber books are still packed away from our recent move so I could not reference them. Bought it from Terry O'Neil in 1997. She was in bad shape, torn spine lots of tape, so I had it conserved. I would not call it restored, otherwise it would look much better than this.

Super scarce book, as I said I only know of one other book owned by Steve Brewster. I would not at all be surprised if Jon Berk has one though. Interesting thing about Brewster's book is it has a sticker or stamp on the cover of a shoe store, so it appears it was some sort of promo or giveaway for that store. I bet the moms really like that. I believe it may be a Schomburg cover as well, but not too sure about that

I looked at Heritage and the sold one in 2005 and the CGC census shows two at that time. With the one above posted were up to six copies. Gerber was pretty accurate in his estimates I think. The copy posted above is in very nice shape as well. I could see that being Briefer too, especially the cross eyed guy in the background. The girl just reminds me a lot of Schomburgs Terrific #5 gal.

I looked at Heritage and the sold one in 2005 and the CGC census shows two at that time. With the one above posted were up to six copies. Gerber was pretty accurate in his estimates I think. The copy posted above is in very nice shape as well. I could see that being Briefer too, especially the cross eyed guy in the background. The girl just reminds me a lot of Schomburgs Terrific #5 gal.

Lower left corner, next to the "Torture Meter" (which is a classic), it has Briefer's name.