• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What don't you collect that you'd really like to own?

13 posts in this topic

Obviously with my very narrow focus, I bypass 99.999% of everything that comes to market but that doesn't mean I can't and don't appreciate a lot of stuff. If I expanded my collection a Neal Adams piece featuring the Green Arrow or X-Men would be at the top of my list. After that a really nice Kirby FF panel or Romita Sr. doing something other than Spidey would be next. What don't you collect that you covet?

Jim

Thanks for the topic.

A Michael Golden superhero cover -- if I can find the right one and if I have the money in the bank.

A Sam Kieth page from the first year of The Maxx. I don't like some of Kieth's work (his Wolverine stuff never did it for me) but he was pure magic during the first year of The Maxx.

A Brian Bolland cover. It took me awhile to fully appreciate the talent in this man's pencil. Once I did, I discovered that he didn't use a pencil anymore. Mostly, I think, I want the Joker page that Chris commissioned. It appeals to me more than any other Bolland cover I've seen.

And, above all, I'd like a Ditko Iron Man/Angel page from Tales of Suspense #49. Somehow, although it had been published years earlier, this was the first comic that I ever opened. I was instantly enchanted. The original art is out there or so I'm told. I've never seen it and I know I couldn't afford the least of the pages. But, oh, how I'd love one....

1. Top Tier illustration art (see anything sold @ Illustration House for $15k+)

2. Boris Vallejo Savage Sword painting (maybe Heritage will offer but probably out of reach $$$)

3. Fine/Gallery art (too many to list, can't afford, and I've got no walls left anyway!)

4. Ditko Mr.A page

5. much much more!

I guess I always figured if I could get the cash I would grab some well-knowns drawn by some well-knowns:

1. Batman by Neil Adams

2. FF by Kirby

3. Iron Man by Tuska

4. DareDevil by Colan

5. Silver Surfer by Buscema

I doubt this will ever happen, but I always like to think about it.

I got in a beautiful Alex Ross Peace On Earth dps. I was going to use it as trade, but looking at his work close up is breath taking. The reproductions in the book do not do the original justice. The colours are so vibrant that It got me thinking I might consider more of his work. A pleasant surprise.

other than that... yeah a Ditko Spider-man splash would be nice. I can't believe that I actually owned one once and traded it away.

damn, Clem....

Off the top of my head, here's a couple of nice things I'd like to get my hands on ...

1) A Sam Kieth cover or splash (MCP or Maxx)

2) A Miller Daredevil page (with Elektra as long as I'm dreaming)

3) A Ditko ASM panel page (I'll take a panel - I'm not picky)

4) A Bachalo page from his one issue of Sandman

that is such an open ended question, if money was no object, the list would be endless, most alread mentioned ahead of time, McFarlane Spidey, Alex Ross painting (anything!), Brian Bolland cover, Neal Adams Batman and Green Arrow, Buscema surfer...

I couldn't even pick a top 3!

Someone should just say somethign like, if you had a 10K art budget, what would you spend it on, at least that keeps the list reasonable!

. . . and, above all, I'd like a Ditko Iron Man/Angel page from Tales of Suspense #49. Somehow, although it had been published years earlier, this was the first comic that I ever opened. I was instantly enchanted. The original art is out there or so I'm told. I've never seen it and I know I couldn't afford the least of the pages. But, oh, how I'd love one....

There's a page up on eBay, right now. Very pricey, and the seller is (I think) one of the Donnelly brothers ('nuff said) ;

http://cgi.ebay.com/TALES-SUSPENSE-49-last-pg-IronMan-vs-X-Men-DITKO-

1. Boris SS of Conan cover art.

2. J Buscema Silver Surfer or Avengers splash pg

3. M Anderson SA DC cover as I always regretted selling the finished cover art to Showcase 60 Spectre for a pittance circa 1980 Christo_pull_hair.gif to a prominent Eastcoast art dealer.