• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KILLER 7.5 Amazing Fantasy 15 Goes Live Tonight on Pedigree Comics!

34 posts in this topic

We just got in on consignment a gorgeous 7.5 copy of Amazing Fantasy #15 (nicest copy I've seen in a long while) that is absolutely begging to be an 8.0 (at least!). It has off-white to white pages and is squeaky clean and extremely glossy.

Check out the new arrivals section of www.PedigreeComics.com tonight (at approximately 9:00) for this brand new Marvel key. You will not be sorry!

Thanks to all for making January one of our best months ever!

Doug

nice book but a little overhyped IMO!

I dunno - hype is good and may help to drive the price up to where the seller will actually part with the book.

i have a general question regarding establishing initial prices (where there is plenty of similar sales data).

using this book as an example, does putting up an initial price which is $6,000 more than the highest ever realized to date (GPA data only), give the seller the chance to counteroffer down to a pricepoint where a buyer feels they negotiated well??

or, does it run the risk of scaring away potential bidders?

the highest price realized for an 8.0 (GPA only, again) is lower than the asking price on this one.

i have no horse in this race and am solely interested from the aspect of what folks think makes the best marketing sense............(or is this listing the result of movie hype??) confused.gif

I've noticed on Pedigree & Comiclink, many sellers list their books at much higher prices than the FMV. Many books have higher listing prices than some retailers such as Metro. I guess the "game" is listing a high price, hoping to get a lower offer, and then negotiate from there. Everyone's a dealer now.

Considering how the book does not present that well (scans can be deceiving but the AF 15 grade bump theory didnt come out of nowhere) I find it hard to believe this book will come anywhere near the selling price. Doesnt Metro have a raw VF for around the same asking price ?

I gotta admit that Dougs promoting of this AF15 and the recent DD1 as as nice as his 9.6 really seem to get the blood racing... He's pretty good at it!

For me it hasn't been working so well! I am just at the point where i have heard it all before from Doug! It seems like he says this stuff about every book he lists sometimes! If he reserved such statements for only a select few books that really stand out i would listen to it but to me this is just salesmanship!

good point. and I wonder that if the 9.4 DD#1 was such a dead ringer for his 9.6 why he didnt go for the upgrade already? or did he?

He picked that DD # 1 up last year at Mega-Con, back when it was an old label 9.4. I pointed it out to him initially, and he thought it had a shot at a 9.6 so he swung a cash and trade deal for it..

Doug just has the touch I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif