• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old label versus new

When buying a slabbed comic, does the label make any difference in how much you are willing to pay?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. When buying a slabbed comic, does the label make any difference in how much you are willing to pay?

43 posts in this topic

It really depends. I hate the old label look but the books are graded stricter or in some cases undergraded although their is also a bigger chance of damage to the book with the old slab. I like the new label look alot better

Given a choice in the same grade between the two I'd pick the old label everytime... makepoint.gif

So obviously I didn't vote in your poll due to that pick missing...

Jim

sometimes the book wont survive in the same grade while in the mail gossip.gif

Given a choice in the same grade between the two I'd pick the old label everytime... makepoint.gif

So obviously I didn't vote in your poll due to that pick missing...

Jim

sometimes the book wont survive in the same grade while in the mail gossip.gif

I'm willing to take that chance...

Jim

If there's no evidence of SCS, I'd take the old Blue label everytime.

moi aussi thumbsup2.gif

Is that gangsta talk too poke2.gif

only if by "gangsta" you mean "gallic." do you? poke2.gif

Well, I like the look of the newer label better - it makes a sharper looking set, no doubt. Yet, sometimes you cannot get all of one style based on scarcity or the need for a particular issue or grade. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For me, it depends I guess... screwy.gif

My ASMs: only the New-Style will do!

My HUMAN FLYs: whatever I can nab!

** The "Older-Style" labels are really known for being a higher/ tighter grade, really ?

If there's no evidence of SCS, I'd take the old Blue label everytime.

moi aussi thumbsup2.gif

Is that gangsta talk too poke2.gif

only if by "gangsta" you mean "gallic." do you? poke2.gif

Okay I had to look that up in Wiki 27_laughing.gif

hello all....

I had 2 GA batman comics cracked from old labels and resubmitted recently...got 0.5 and 1.0 higher grades this time...so, old labels, for the most part, seem to be graded a little tighter, so i would pick old over new, all things equal..

rick

hello all....

I had 2 GA batman comics cracked from old labels and resubmitted recently...got 0.5 and 1.0 higher grades this time...so, old labels, for the most part, seem to be graded a little tighter, so i would pick old over new, all things equal..

rick

No doubt, all things equal I would definately pick the older slabs but I would have my fingers crossed that the book doesnt damage during delivery.

I had a Cream to Ow old label come back Ow to White upon resub 893whatthe.gif!! Spoke to Steve B. about this and he confirmed that PQ was graded much stricter with the old labels. I am therefore not that concerned when purchasing old labels with Cr-Ow pages as I am certain they will grade out higher now.