• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRE 2010: SIGNATURE SERIES: QUESTIONS & ANSWERS THREAD

288 posts in this topic

Kevin,

Gemma just answered my question in the "Ask CGC" forum

Assuming that the book was otherwise complete and unrestored, then it would receive the Signature Series label if witnessed and submitted under the Signature Series program.

So thank you, and Gemma, for your help! (worship)

--Steve

Thanks for answering Dan, and you are absolutely correct. Just like the other tiers of service, pre-screening is available for Signature Series providing a minimum number of books are sent in. There is a per book fee for rejects - the ones that make it are sent for grading and encasulation -- please talk to a customer service representative at 1-877-NM-COMIC for specifics.

I know this has been stated before --- please leave the answering of questions in this thread to Paul Litch and myself.

Thanks!

Kev

So long as it doesn't leave the Witness' possession before it gets resubmitted and they submit it with the original SS yellow label, yes.

so if i have a SS book signed from over a year ago and i wish to get another persons signature on the book at an upcoming convention, does the first signature still count too when it gets resubmitted with the new sig.?

Yes, provided that it remains in sight of, or in the possession of, a Witness or CGC employee once it has been removed from the CGC holder. The old label must be submitted with the book once the new autograph is obtained as verification of the original autograph's date (and location).

I've got a book with four signatures, but only three are noted on the label. The fourth was done at the same time as the other three by the same witness. Is it possible to get a new label reflecting all four signatures? I'm really assuming this was just overlooked.

Thanks!

Yes. You should send it in to be corrected - make sure to note what's missing and who the Witness was.

And just to be clear, as I'll be sending another couple to be re-holdered, is this a re-holder job or something totally different? Would it be better to send in the Sig Series book alone to avoid confusion?

It's slightly different as it is the correction of an error, not a simple reholder. The label needs to be replaced,not just the outer case.You can submit it with other items, just make sure you clearly state that there was an error on that specific item and what the correction should be.

I know that the census tracks the number of SS per issues, but do they keep track of who signed those comics? I know it must be hard to keep track of, but it would be cool to know if I had the only combination of sigs on a particular comic. Thanks

Guest Grails

Kevin, can you give me an idea of how this would play out?

Coverless SA comic book with new cover completely recreated and attached and then signed by the artist of the recreated cover. (Witnessed of course).

Can this book be graded by CGC and if so, would it be considered a Restored SS? Or maybe a No Grade (NG). On the latter, can you have an NG SS?

im planning on getting a few sketches at the baltimore con this week.

i wasnt planning on getting anything SS but if i change my mind cause the sketch just KICKS ,

if the artist says its ok, can i leave my book with him and go the CGC booth for a witness? Or do all SS witnesses have to be arranged before the book goes to the artist?

im asking because i have seen some sketches where people were not happy with the artist sketch but already "set up" the SS.

Until the book and the payment are left with CGC, no one is under any obligation to submit the book for SS.

I've had plenty of customers decide not to submit sketch covers after they have been picked up and they were unhappy with the result. Sometimes sketch collectors keep a running tab with me, whereby they add books as they get done.