• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada to US Shipping Costs?

12 posts in this topic

I'm having 5 slabs shipped from British Columbia to NY. The seller has quoted me

a shipping cost of $40. As far as I can tell, this is for normal expedited parcel which

includes only delivery confirmation, no insurance and takes around 12 days.

It is not for xpresspost.

Does this seem reasonable? Based on previous experiences, it seemed a bit high

to me, but then BC is about as far away from NY as you can get.

I'm having 5 slabs shipped from British Columbia to NY. The seller has quoted me

a shipping cost of $40. As far as I can tell, this is for normal expedited parcel which

Depending on seize of box and weight If does seem high.

I just sent 5 books from Toronto to NY and it cost me $25 for Xpress.

I was quoted $20 for Expedited. Both I am told come with 100 insurance

If he had to buy packing materials it might drive up cost.

$40 does seem at the high end comming from BC

It might be a bit high, but depends on the packaging. This is 5 slabs. I think given that and the recent postal hike, it's probably pretty reasonable given the packaging. It costs me $9-11 now to send 1 unslabbed book through regular mail from Toronto to say Florida. So to go from BC to NY and with it being 5 slabs? Maybe, MAYBE they're taking $5 off the top, but depending how they package it that might just be a cost for box and packing materials.

Bottom line, if you're getting a reasonable deal on the slabs, I wouldn't argue with it too much. If not, then just buy them from inside the US where the rates are cheap anyway.

That seems high to me after sending 26 books (unslabbed) to New York today with two hundred and fifty dollars insurance without delivery confirmation and it cost 23.50 $ CDN. The box I sent them in would easily hold 5 slabs.

Good luck!

fay

Damn.. is that Greggy... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif just kidding... honestly, that sounds pretty close as 5 slabbed books with proper packing protection would weigh in at about 5-6 pounds. For example, I just sent a slabbed and raw book from Winnipeg to Mass. ( half the distance ) and it cost me $20.00 (that's about half the distant )

Damn.. is that Greggy... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif just kidding... honestly, that sounds pretty close as 5 slabbed books with proper packing protection would weigh in at about 5-6 pounds. For example, I just sent a slabbed and raw book from Winnipeg to Mass. ( half the distance ) and it cost me $20.00 (that's about half the distant )

I sent a 10 pound box of comics with $300 insurance to Canada from California Air Parcel Post for around $23.50 yesterday.

No it's not the famous Greggy!! We are just nieghbors that don't know eachother, although I did buy a book off of him once.

No it's not the famous Greggy!! We are just nieghbors that don't know eachother, although I did buy a book off of him once.

acclaim.gif

I sent a 10 pound box of comics with $300 insurance to Canada from California Air Parcel Post for around $23.50 yesterday.

Yes because shipping rates in the U.S. are awesome. That's what I'm saying. You can't send stuff within Canada for that half the time. The postal service here sucks.