• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Market Red Hot?

39 posts in this topic

I don't know about the market, but this book seems to be a raging volcano of scorching hotness. devil.gif

27_laughing.gif That reminds me of how every now and then during Ian's quest, RHG would pop a scan of his NA #26 on the boards.

My quest for it is now over though!! cloud9.gif

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks tth! You see, groveling and cash do work sometimes! grin.gif

27_laughing.gif Bill, as I like to track the number of known copies of this "mythical" book, can you confirm if your copy comes out of the known pool of five (set out below) or is it a new copy that we can add to the population?

RHG's (Church copy)

Ian's

Christine Farrell's (the first person to amass a complete DC collection)

DTA's

Simon Powell's (sold in the September Heritage auction)

I don't know about the market, but this book seems to be a raging volcano of scorching hotness. devil.gif

27_laughing.gif That reminds me of how every now and then during Ian's quest, RHG would pop a scan of his NA #26 on the boards.

27_laughing.gif Bill, as I like to track the number of known copies of this "mythical" book, can you confirm if your copy comes out of the known pool of five (set out below) or is it a new copy that we can add to the population?

RHG's (Church copy)

Ian's

DTA's

I think he was talking about the MH Heroic.

Thank's for the info. I bet that was damned exciting when he was closing in on that complet DC set.

By that point, I think the achievement was unfortunately clouded by many peoples' personal feelings about Ian.

RHG's (Church copy)

Ian's

DTA's

tonofbricks.gif

Oh. And there I was getting all excited! poke2.gif

Ian wasn't a high grade or pedigree maven, though, so even if RHG had been willing to sell his copy, which is the Church copy (and is dead gorgeous), I don't think Ian would've been willing to pay the kind of money that RHG would've wanted.

Ian never understood pedigrees. In fact, he used to brag about how he would erase pedigree arrival dates or other markings off of his books so that they would look "better." Comments like that made many of us cringe.

Sounds like a very eccentric and dynamic individual. I listened to an old comiczone interview and he was truly amazing. Very passionate about comics and very entertaining. A big personality with strong opinions. I could see him clashing with a lot of people. But...it takes all kinds and he certainly gets things done.

RHG's (Church copy)

Ian's

DTA's

October, as usual, is correct. hi.gif

I've noticed increased prices realized for certain GA Supermans lately, especially #14, me and a fellow collector were discussing this yesterday, I think what started the trend was the CGC 7.0 cr/ow that sold for $3,700 (I think) on C-link in their last GA auction, then the mid grade raw copy on ebay last month that ended at $2,247, I think Metro just sold a 2.0 copy (don't remember the price), C-link has a 3.0 listed in the for sale section which is bid up to $590, plus there is a CGC 7.0 WHITE pager in C-links auction this month, should be interesting to see the final price on that one.

Ian wasn't a high grade or pedigree maven, though, so even if RHG had been willing to sell his copy, which is the Church copy (and is dead gorgeous), I don't think Ian would've been willing to pay the kind of money that RHG would've wanted.

Ian never understood pedigrees. In fact, he used to brag about how he would erase pedigree arrival dates or other markings off of his books so that they would look "better." Comments like that made many of us cringe.

Makes me wince just reading this!

What would the medical term be for someone who does that type of thing.(erase pedigree markings} Megalomania? Narcistic delusional disorder? I can't think of any reason to erase a pedigree marking, unless you're trying to tweak people into thinking you're above it all and more important than the pedigree. Other than that I don't really care, but I'm curious.

What would the medical term be for someone who does that type of thing.(erase pedigree markings} Megalomania? Narcistic delusional disorder? I can't think of any reason to erase a pedigree marking, unless you're trying to tweak people into thinking you're above it all and more important than the pedigree. Other than that I don't really care, but I'm curious.

*spoon*? confused-smiley-013.gif

I've noticed increased prices realized for certain GA Supermans lately, especially #14, me and a fellow collector were discussing this yesterday, I think what started the trend was the CGC 7.0 cr/ow that sold for $3,700 (I think) on C-link in their last GA auction, then the mid grade raw copy on ebay last month that ended at $2,247, I think Metro just sold a 2.0 copy (don't remember the price), C-link has a 3.0 listed in the for sale section which is bid up to $590, plus there is a CGC 7.0 WHITE pager in C-links auction this month, should be interesting to see the final price on that one.

Dude;

If you are referring to the Superman #14 classic cover issue, you have to also note that this particular book has always sold for way over guide for as long as I can remember.

This high demand as reflected through consistent premiums to guide has always been in place since this book has always been been considered to be one of the most iconic covers coming from the WW2 period within the GA era. cloud9.gif

I'am pretty sure you can mark it up to me joining the boards, Ya all can ignore me all ya want, but look at whats been hot on ebay, stuff I have brought up, or am interested in. Thats right I am the golden egg. Stick with me and I will make you wealthly beyond your wildest dreams. I am a comic diety, with full super hero powers. YES THE MARKET IS HOT, I MADE IT THAT WAY! OH, and all the stuff you all have been pine'in over, yup, me, I brought it out. Thats right, some newbie from Spring Tucky ORegon, brought you all the riches you deserve. Look back, untill the day I joined and then look at whats for sale since, only one conconclusion, I am a comic god, I use small "g" cause I am kidding and I don't want to die in my sleep.

The Market is HOT as HELL! So sell your books to me!

I'am pretty sure you can mark it up to me joining the boards, Ya all can ignore me all ya want, but look at whats been hot on ebay, stuff I have brought up, or am interested in. Thats right I am the golden egg. Stick with me and I will make you wealthly beyond your wildest dreams. I am a comic diety, with full super hero powers. YES THE MARKET IS HOT, I MADE IT THAT WAY! OH, and all the stuff you all have been pine'in over, yup, me, I brought it out. Thats right, some newbie from Spring Tucky ORegon, brought you all the riches you deserve. Look back, untill the day I joined and then look at whats for sale since, only one conconclusion, I am a comic god, I use small "g" cause I am kidding and I don't want to die in my sleep.

The Market is HOT as HELL! So sell your books to me!

Were you replying to me on this Schommy? I agreed with you. I think it is on fire! Even with tons of stuff hitting the market, books keep flying off the virtual stands.

Dude;

If you are referring to the Superman #14 classic cover issue, you have to also note that this particular book has always sold for way over guide for as long as I can remember.

This high demand as reflected through consistent premiums to guide has always been in place since this book has always been been considered to be one of the most iconic covers coming from the WW2 period within the GA era. cloud9.gif

yeah I totally agree, one of the best covers ever in comics, I was just noticing an increase in prices realized for this book within the last 3 months or so, seeing that this book is fairly common by GA standards and comes up for sale more frequently than most GA books, I bought my CGC 6.5 copy in late 2005 for $1,500. even though I thought that was a good price at the time,.. it now seems like a steal.

There have been a number of books I have had my eye on for months and months (some well over a year), Comic Link, EBay, etc and I swear in the last few weeks every single one of them has sold. Marvel Mystery #2 (2 of them), #9, Human Torch #38, about 6 Young Men books, Sub-Mariner #18, some Centaurs and the list goes on. sign-rantpost.gif

It must be a figment of your imagination. Surely you know from reading these boards that the comic collector population is ever-declining and that no new blood EVER comes into the hobby! If these books have apparently "sold", the only possible explanation must be be that they're fake sales engineered by various members of the Axis of Evil to manipulate and defraud the market.

27_laughing.gif JC is that you? poke2.gif