• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNOWFALLOUT

28 posts in this topic

And....we have a winner.

If this got nasty my upper estimate was 18k, while 12k was my general guess.....

Thus I thought it had the potential to go much higher. As someone mentioned before, I think the low end pieces are being assessed as such now (less bidders and being online a bit longer), but the prime stuff is not slowing down.

Anyone think this may be similar to Alex Ross (I don't follow his work, so just curious).

Congrats Court, in the Fablesverse of OA this could be the grail, thus far.

First off, congrats to Court! I'll say this man -- you've got one hell of a JJ collection. You should ask that guy for a bonus commission out of all this. smile.gif

This wasn't as high as I thought it could have been -- you never know what's going to happen when two or more die hard fans are clamoring for the same piece after all. But in the end I think it's a fair price.

First off, congrats to Court! I'll say this man -- you've got one hell of a JJ collection. You should ask that guy for a bonus commission out of all this. smile.gif

This wasn't as high as I thought it could have been -- you never know what's going to happen when two or more die hard fans are clamoring for the same piece after all. But in the end I think it's a fair price.

Agreed. I think this cover is about as much of a bargain as any $15K piece can possibly be. It's the best painting to date from an artist who has a ton of potential, in both comics and the "fine art" scene.

Well at least I got the .2 bit. Final tally is $15.2k

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Yikes! I was all excited about collecting JJ's art, but I think I will take up a nice, inexpensive hobby like yachting, high-stakes gambling or collecting exotic sports cars and Faberge eggs instead. tongue.gif

Gene