• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW SIGNATURE SERIES / RESTORED LABEL IS HERE!

22 posts in this topic

Because restoration had always trumped Signature Series, too many people were getting back their signed comic books in a CGC restored purple label instead of getting it back in the yellow Signature Series label. We here at CGC felt (as I am sure they did) they were getting a raw deal.

So......what Mark, Paul, Shawn and I did was sit down and brain stormed a way to get around this.

In the end, our thought process was that because (in the CGC world) yellow means Signature Series and purple means restored, we should combine the two colors. This way, the submitter gets a verified signature and a buyer knows full well the book has had some type of restoration performed on it.

I hope that this will make SS collectors happy, as they have been asking for something along these lines for quite some time now. This has cost us extra money, but we think it is worth it as this will benefit the entire collecting community in the long run

Here is an example of what it looks like:

restoredsigserieslabelgs8.jpg

If you like this move, let us know. As usual, all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is welcome, but this label is here to stay for the foreseeable future........

I will also post this in Comics General, but I thought it should be posted here first.

I think it will be a good addition, Steve. This may be a stupid question but is there any chance that the books already in a purple label could be reholdered (at the owner's expense)? Beyonder's Wrightson book comes to mind as a book signed in front of a witness and now rest in a purple label.

How about a way to set the label so you can have 20 or so sigs on a book. I never know how many to get as i'm afraid the book will get rejected.

The new label looks awesome, good job

How about a way to set the label so you can have 20 or so sigs on a book. I never know how many to get as i'm afraid the book will get rejected.

The new label looks awesome, good job

Anthony's question is valid and we really don't know how many autographs can be put on a label before they won't fit. Because nobody has gone past 17.

I think a rough estimate of the maximum is 20 signatures.

Adding more Signatures than 20 is something which will have to be discussed at a later date.

i think that's a fantastic idea.

the SS label being combined with the restored label is definately a step in the right direction.

could you fix the pic please? i cant seem to view it.

even though i cant see how the new label looks, i'm definately still digging the idea

I think it will be a good addition, Steve. This may be a stupid question but is there any chance that the books already in a purple label could be reholdered (at the owner's expense)? Beyonder's Wrightson book comes to mind as a book signed in front of a witness and now rest in a purple label.

This is a good question, as I have at least 2 that ended up on the wrong end for the...err...label.

But it is a great idea either way. thumbsup2.gif

I might just purposely restore a book for SS submission just to get the label! headbang.gif

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

angel.gif