• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winning Bidder Is From Country I Don't Ship To

94 posts in this topic

I currently live in New Mexico. It's shocking how many people in the US think I live in a foreign country. I don’t deal directly with E. Gerber any more because of that.

893whatthe.gif Are you serious? The "NM" abbreviation and US zip codes don't clue them in?

I feel the same way. People in the US are always acting like I live in a foreign country too.

crazy canucks should just stay in their igloos eating seal meat and watch hockey night in canada sumo.gif

I was born in Alaska and lived there for 8 years. The ignorance of a lot of people in the US is staggering. I currently live in New Mexico. It's shocking how many people in the US think I live in a foreign country. I don’t deal directly with E. Gerber any more because of that.

So how is your sleigh running?

insane.gif

Soon New Mexico, Arizona, Southern California, and much of Texas will be a foreign country.

"North Mexico"

poke2.gif

I've heard from some US sellers that you have to line up twice to send international shipments which to some might be a hassle. I think the bottom line in this case is the winning bidder had no regard for the rules of your auction and although I'm Canadian (actually dual citizenship) and don't like to see sellers that ship to US only, it doesn't take much time and effort to send a polite e-mail asking for an exception before bidding. 893blahblah.gif

If the guy is nice he'll let you stand and fill out the customs form juggle.gif

It takes about 30 seconds to fill out the customs form - what freakin post office is asking people to line up twice?

Yeah, int'l orders are a pain - having to check postage at the usps website, customs forms, buying or scrounging boxes if Global Priority mailers won't work, the extra 1% to paypal - but I've had plenty of auctions where the only bid or the BIN was an int'l buyer - so it's all good, and it would suck if foreign sellers refused to ship to ME.

I currently live in New Mexico. It's shocking how many people in the US think I live in a foreign country. I don’t deal directly with E. Gerber any more because of that.

893whatthe.gif Are you serious? The "NM" abbreviation and US zip codes don't clue them in?

Yes, I had to talk to a supervisor at Gerber in order to not be charged international shipping rates on the last order I placed with them.

I've heard from some US sellers that you have to line up twice to send international shipments which to some might be a hassle. I think the bottom line in this case is the winning bidder had no regard for the rules of your auction and although I'm Canadian (actually dual citizenship) and don't like to see sellers that ship to US only, it doesn't take much time and effort to send a polite e-mail asking for an exception before bidding. 893blahblah.gif

If the guy is nice he'll let you stand and fill out the customs form juggle.gif

It takes about 30 seconds to fill out the customs form - what freakin post office is asking people to line up twice?

I have a stack of customs forms at home. I always fill them out before going to the PO. It's just rude to stand at the counter filling them out.

I think about 80% of the packages I've received from the states have been in some kind of 'priority mail box' either turned inside out or covered.

I agree it's only polite for foreign buyers to get in touch with sellers to get an okay to bid.

Sometimes its ship to USA only at the top, but then in their blog it says international shipping will be more. I think the USA shipping only comes up automatic unless you specify it not too.

If I were in the USA, I would ship to Canada, UK and Australia should be no hassles about communication, don't understand why some sellers won't ship out?

There must be some people who are neighbours and are right on the borders, he can bid and you can't, 27_laughing.gif.

Just think of all the money the comics biz would lose if dianmond and all the others would not import comics abroad and you could not see any USA films abroad, hehehe.

Come on forumites, ship worldwide!!!!!!!!!!

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hi.gif

maybe I'll turn over a new leaf...

smirk.gif

1628268-leaf.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif

I thought Pamela Anderson was American???

insane.gif

Sorry....she's Canadian. gossip.gif

Andy

well, it's onthis side of the ocean then...

meaning she isn't european.

tongue.gif

headbang.gif

It's tempting nerf, just think of all those undiscovered original owner collections I could hunt down, hehehe.

Would be a few problems though, not sure how the supplies would be for Tea and then of course I would miss all those lovely pence copies you Americans cherish so much!

wink.gif

I got a better idea...

Eveyone that wants US sellers to ship out...

pack your bags and come to america!

(heck - everybody else does)

comingtoamerica.jpg

Problem Solved!

Where does a Prince go looking for his mate? "Queens" where else...

27_laughing.gif

But why would i want to leave the best country in the world and move to the US? poke2.gif

But being a non USA-ite it is frustrating when i find an issue i've been searching high and low for only to see the phrase 'Only ships to the US" frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif