• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

Here are scans of the Scarlet Speedster battling a couple ne'er do wells I've not yet featured:

21-08-201182425PM.jpg

Mohawk Valley copy

05-09-2011114049PM.jpg

:cool:

I love 106s. I believe Rich (showcase221959) has a nice one. These are the only 2 nice ones I've seen on the Boards. :golfclap:

What annoys me is precisely how little respect Weather Wizard garnered from Julius Schwartz. Although Weather Wizard was introduced way back in issue #110 in 1960, he graces precisely one cover in the Silver Age not even appearing on those featuring the Rogues Gallery.

:mad:

I took a look and found I do have a copy of #147 available, to take a closer look at Mr. Element. Issue #147 wasn't even listed in my database. hm At any rate, now that I have scanned the start of part II of the story, I might as well read this book again. :grin:

It's a great read. I'd still like to pick up another couple pages of original art from this book.

Are you referring to an online database? Outside of the issues mentioned, he (Desmond) also appeared (in the SA) in Flash 153 and 165

My comment was just that I didn't have this particular book listed in my Xcel DB. I keep my book in listed in an Xcel sheet, and create a new one each year. That gives me some sense of the growth of my collection. I also track my books using the Nostomania site. The site automatically calculates the books changing values every 3 months, if I recall correctly. It's free, although you can pay if you wish to, if you want more than the basic features.

Hmm. Interesting.

Dr Alchemy/Mr Element had it bad, also

He appeared in Showcase 13 and 14 (1958) and then didn't reappear until Flash 147 (1964), where he made his only SA cover appearance (well, unless you count the little head shot on the cover of 153)

Albert Desmond scored a couple of cover appearances early in the Bronze Age though:

16-06-2011101221PM.jpg

16-06-2011101227PM.jpg

Despite the paucity of cover appearances, you have to admit that Albert Desmond was an extraordinarily talented individual. Very few people can manage even one super villainous identity but Albert successfully pulled off two!

Edited by Hepcat

Hmm. Interesting.

Dr Alchemy/Mr Element had it bad, also

He appeared in Showcase 13 and 14 (1958) and then didn't reappear until Flash 147 (1964), where he made his only SA cover appearance (well, unless you count the little head shot on the cover of 153)

Albert Desmond scored a couple of cover appearances early in the Bronze Age though:

16-06-2011101221PM.jpg

16-06-2011101227PM.jpg

Despite the paucity of cover appearances, you have to admit that Albert Desmond was an extraordinarily talented individual. Very few people can manage even one super villainous identity but Albert successfully pulled off two!

Nice books. (thumbs u

In these Bronze Age Flash stories is Mr. Element pulled into crime against his will as he was in Flash 147?

As a side note, I checked on Dr. Alchemy, who as it turns out gains his powers fron the Philosopher's Stone. I seem to recall a Uncle Scrooge story, where he, Donald and the 3 nephews are also in search of Philosopher's Stone. :grin:

In these Bronze Age Flash stories is Mr. Element pulled into crime against his will as he was in Flash 147?

In effect. In Flash 216 it's explained that a certain Dragon's Eye causes Albert Desmond to embrace his criminal alter egos. In Flash 230 the fire demon Vadtara causes Albert to let his Dr. Alchemy persona take control.

:juggle:

In effect. In Flash 216 it's explained that a certain Dragon's Eye causes Albert Desmond to embrace his criminal alter egos. In Flash 230 the fire demon Vadtara causes Albert to let his Dr. Alchemy persona take control.

:juggle:

Neat thanks for the info. (thumbs u

80 Page Giant # 4

Not one of my favorite Flash covers, but I cannot grumble as it was a birthday

gift quite a few years ago. :makepoint:

FLSH_A4.jpg

This is the story that stood out for me.

FLA_43.jpg

There is also a G.A. Flash story.

FLA_41.jpg

Might as well include the Weather Wizard. :grin:

FLA_44.jpg