• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,863 posts in this topic

Congrats Tom! I was the underbidder and had hopes of bringing it back myself. Can't think of a better destination for the book.

I brought one back home myself. Bought it from Metro many years ago, sold in November 2006, and now just bought it again. :banana:

Flash131.jpg

nice pickup. too lazy to check but 1/2 what it last sold for? much nicer than the MC copy i picked up and 20% less to boot.

Great duo cover !! :golfclap:

Now I just need Showcase22 and Kimik to start pumping this GL x-over appearance to all the GL speculators. hm

I don't own a copy anymore so I will not be promoting it. lol

Edited by kimik

I was surprised at how far early SA DCs have fallen over the past year (or longer in the case of titles like Flash). The prices on most of the GLs looked weak as well outside of maybe the #7. I sold a 7.0 copy of GL #6 on Clink within 24 hours of posting it for $250, but the 9.0 copy in the Heritage auction only went for $418.25 with the BP.

I can't sleep and I feel like playing with my Flash comics, so here're a few of my favorite covers:

flash_123.jpg

(of course)

Really nice 123, Speedy. That's one of the issues I'm missing and I'm going to have to bite the bullet one of these days.

There were bargains galore in the last Heritage Auction. To me the problem is too much supply. When I started in 2007, there were 1-2 books max in these auctions that were high grade and none were keys. Now there are 12-20 in every auction and there are at least 2-3 keys. So where I was bidding on every book going after them hard now I bid on 1-2 and hope for a bargain.

Whoa, that's really wild! Did DC use completely different covers and content for their UK comics? They didn't just use the same issue as in the US with a pence price printed or stamped on?

UK version of no.1 from 1962

Flash1.jpg

:o Looks like Infantino, but don't recognize the scene. What's in the interior?

That's cool. I've never seen it before. Grodd and the speed lines looks like Infantino, but Flash does not.

Thanks for sharing.

looks like he was drawn by a 10 year old

he got baggy arms too :sick:

That's cool. I've never seen it before. Grodd and the speed lines looks like Infantino, but Flash does not.

Thanks for sharing.

I bet someone just copied pictures from Infantino. Look at the buildings...typical Infantino skyline but the drawings are all wrong.

Did anyone see the price this 105 went for? http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fallsub%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26id%3D3876%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D%23Item%5F848413&id=848413

Pretty strong considering I bought my 6.5 for almost $1k less. (shrug)

Very strong price...yeah that was my copy. :sorry:

It really depends. If you 6.5 copy presents well and have at least off-white pages and with this copy selling for a premium...possibly. From what I have seen out there, Flash 105 has always been hard to locate in off-white pages or better.