• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,858 posts in this topic

Just added a 109 to my collection. I think I need 23 of the first 50 issues, but this is one of the tougher ones out of the way.

Nice copy, much better than mine. 109 is one of the first issues I got after getting back into comics 18 months ago. Do you have 106? That's the last one I needed to finish the run, and it took forever to find a decent copy. 105 is a piece of cake, there's always copies floating around waiting to get snatched up.

Thanks Speedy. I don't have a 106 yet, and yes it does seem hard to find! I don't have a 105 either, or any of the Showcases. I've had a few near misses on Ebay. No 123 either!

I have a nice 107, a VG 108, but no 110.

So...you have a complete run? That's awesome. How far does it go? I'm focusing on the first 50 or so issues.

Just added a 109 to my collection. I think I need 23 of the first 50 issues, but this is one of the tougher ones out of the way.

Nice copy, much better than mine. 109 is one of the first issues I got after getting back into comics 18 months ago. Do you have 106? That's the last one I needed to finish the run, and it took forever to find a decent copy. 105 is a piece of cake, there's always copies floating around waiting to get snatched up.

Thanks Speedy. I don't have a 106 yet, and yes it does seem hard to find! I don't have a 105 either, or any of the Showcases. I've had a few near misses on Ebay. No 123 either!

I have a nice 107, a VG 108, but no 110.

So...you have a complete run? That's awesome. How far does it go? I'm focusing on the first 50 or so issues.

Yep, the full run, 105-350. I had about a third of them from the 80s when I was collecting as a kid, mostly the later ones. Many of those I've since replaced with upgrades. 105-174 (I think it's 174) are the best, the original Infantino run. Tons of great John Broome and Gardner Fox stories, with a good ol' fashioned Mystery In Space-type sci fi feel to them.

I've got two 110s and two 123s. They're such great covers. The only true beater I have left is 113. I got it for like 2 bucks when I was 12 or so. It was not so hot then and certainly suffered in my young hands.

I'm slowly moving in on the Showcases. I got #14 in February, and I'm hoping to find a decent 13 at the NY show next weekend. There's a #8 here in the city that I could do time payments on, but it's a lot of money, way more than I've ever spent on a comic. And I'm gonna need some serious pay raises before I ever get a #4 above 2.0.

There is a SC4 3.0 that was just put up on Comic Link this morning. That 109 is a very nice copy. That is probably my second favorite cover from the 10 cent issues.

There is? I couldn't find it with a search.

Jeez, $3900 for a 3.0. It's gonna be some time fore I get my hands on one of those.

It's just an asking price. :gossip:

Shoot, I didn't realize that. I've never used Comic Link before.

yeah that's usually how it works, sellers list at around double the price they will settle for,

the first bid has to be 50% of the ask price. so in this case it would have to be $1950.

Jeez, $3900 for a 3.0. It's gonna be some time fore I get my hands on one of those.

For me too. :(

Maybe we can do a time share? hm

Hey, that might work! How about I take it for the first 40 years, and you can have it for the second 40 years?

There have been a lot of SC4 with bad asking prices out there. It is time some of these guys suck up their courage or pride and auction these books if they actually want to sell them. For example CL has an 8.0 with an ask of 30k and a bid of 17.5. The last one sold in '08 for 17K. With the Flash market soft this year that is an insane asking price.

I think this book has been damaged because of the inventory overhang. I feel pretty confident I know the price at which this won't sell.

There have been a lot of SC4 with bad asking prices out there. It is time some of these guys suck up their courage or pride and auction these books if they actually want to sell them. For example CL has an 8.0 with an ask of 30k and a bid of 17.5. The last one sold in '08 for 17K. With the Flash market soft this year that is an insane asking price.

It`ll never happen precisely because these guys know they`ll take a bath on the book.

Then this is my advice- Take the book of the market and hold onto to. The way they are going at it ensures they will never get their price.

Otherwise they need to sell at market prices. It is no different than the housing market. Price that puppy to sell or get it off the market.