• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
25 25

4,863 posts in this topic

Well I started reading as a kid. I think I was reading from about 65 through 70. I read only DC, but had a couple marvels.

I read and saved my books Adventure, Action, Superman, JLA and to a lesser extent Flash and GL.In the late 70's I found out that comics had value, but back then none of mine were worth much.

A friend introduced me to a comic book store and the owner got me interested in Crisis on Infinte Earths right aout the time that the FLASH died. That was in 85. I restarted collecting then and soon discovered that the best way to build a collection was to buy collections, keep what I wanted and try to sell off the rest.

I did that for about seven years, and then after the LA earthquake of 94, put the collecting aside for several years until ebay.

flash116.jpg

flash117.jpg

flash118.jpg

Well I started reading as a kid. I think I was reading from about 65 through 70. I read only DC, but had a couple marvels.

I read and saved my books Adventure, Action, Superman, JLA and to a lesser extent Flash and GL.In the late 70's I found out that comics had value, but back then none of mine were worth much.

A friend introduced me to a comic book store and the owner got me interested in Crisis on Infinte Earths right aout the time that the FLASH died. That was in 85. I restarted collecting then and soon discovered that the best way to build a collection was to buy collections, keep what I wanted and try to sell off the rest.

I did that for about seven years, and then after the LA earthquake of 94, put the collecting aside for several years until ebay.

flash116.jpg

flash117.jpg

flash118.jpg

Great story, plus it's nice to have a new Flash fan on the boards. :applause:

I wasn't collecting in 1985, but wasn't that about the time comic book prices peaked due to the Crisis on Infinite Earth series being released?

I remember at some of the early shows you could get silver age flash for $ a book in nice shape. I know I got one with a samurai on the cover for that price.

flash121.jpg

flash122.jpg

I also remember trading with another dealer for my first copy of this

flash123c2.jpg

Still one of my favorite covers of all time. Heck I even enjoy all of the homages to this book

Flash 123 is certainly an awesome book to own! :cloud9:

I also noticed you have Flash 121, which has one of my favorite Flash covers. (thumbs u

I do not believe I have posted this book in this thread yet. In addition to Flash I like the Grodd covers.

FLSHX_172.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

That one is the worst of the 3 copies I have. The first and third have spots of color loss in the Green of FLASH

flash123c2.jpg

flash123.jpg

flash123pp.jpg

Too awesome!

:applause:

Flash was much bigger than GL and was probably third in DC ranking ahead of Wonder Woman.

I agree!

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

A few more of the early Flash's including the last 10c cover

flash124.jpg

This is the upgrade of one of my oldest comics from when i was originally collecting. My copy was a hand me down from somewhere and was nearly loved to death.

flash125.jpg

flash126.jpg

A few more of the early Flash's including the last 10c cover

flash124.jpg

This is the upgrade of one of my oldest comics from when i was originally collecting. My copy was a hand me down from somewhere and was nearly loved to death.

flash125.jpg

flash126.jpg

Nice. :cloud9:

I was recently able to add #125 to my collection.

FLSHX_125_zpse55eb5bd.jpg

I basically completed my silver age collection well over a decade ago. I had it maybe @ 65% from my early dealer days in the 80's That jumped significantly when i bought the 17k collection in the early 90's. I spent years just sorting through and integrating my keeper collection vs my inventory.

Then EBAY. I started buying there maybe a year or so after it went big. I had more disposable income back then and bought many of the missing key books. I also enjoyed buying groupings of say 20 silver FLASH and filling a few holes while upgrading whenever I could. I justified it my "adding to inventory". I just never found the time to have a side business dealing in comics on top of my 10+ hours a day I spend running my business.

Anyway I don't think I posted this here previously. After my debacle with SHOWCASENEWENGLAND on ebay I had to have a copy of this key.

showcase4.jpg

showcase4b.jpg

I believe that Earl from Passport (NOT THE PASSPORT from this chat board) color touched the spine perhaps 30 years ago

showcase4in.jpg