• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Virtual Comicon Saturday February 10

185 posts in this topic

A suggestion.

A constant scroll of comics being added to one post would appear to me to be difficult to navigate. Maybe it will work great but hard to imagine.

How about the Architect creates a seperate main section with the Virtual Comicon as a header. Each "vendor" can create a seperate auction page with only PM being used to prevent the constant bump to the top of the list. The "owner" of the page will quickly update their list in order to prevent confusion and this will allow people to navigate between the 20-40 pages and get an update on what has sold.

I don't know if this can be put together in a few days but it may be simplier than one link with hundreds of posts and everyone trying to be the first couple post to get the most "hits".

Just a thought.

We're going ot go with each individual person having their own sales thread within the Marketplace section. There's been significant discussion behind the scenes to do what you've proposed, and we figured that we would just start one before all the kinks got worked out and see what happens.

I preferred the idea of a single thread for everybody with only a single post permitted for each. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think there will be major bandwidth issues. We can see how it works.

A limit to the number of listings & links/thumbnails should solve the bandwidth problem.

I think scans/pics should be mandatory as well. It's a virtual comicon. confused-smiley-013.gif

Perhaps a limited # of thumbnails (kind of like the dealer wall), then the rest as links only. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If that still poses a problem, then maybe links only.

I preferred the idea of a single thread for everybody with only a single post permitted for each. confused-smiley-013.gif

So you're saying you have to list all books and pictures in one post? That's going to blow up alot of computers

Maybe a limit of 10-15 books per post as well. That way everyone can bring their 'A-game' to the con, and leave all the rest of the drek for individual sales threads throughout the week.

Really? Some of the best success I've had at some cons have come from $1 boxes. I'd like to see a nice sellection of both 'A-game' books as well as filler material. I was thinking of having some nice stuff at the start of my post (like a wall display) and some $1 comics 'under the table'.

So you're saying you have to list all books and pictures in one post? That's going to blow up alot of computers

I think the idea is to use those little thumbnail scans or just use photobucket links as opposed to full scans.

In theory they load a lot faster.

Maybe a limit of 10-15 books per post as well. That way everyone can bring their 'A-game' to the con, and leave all the rest of the drek for individual sales threads throughout the week.

Really? Some of the best success I've had at some cons have come from $1 boxes. I'd like to see a nice sellection of both 'A-game' books as well as filler material. I was thinking of having some nice stuff at the start of my post (like a wall display) and some $1 comics 'under the table'.

Exactly. That's why we'd like to do it this way. Anybody can sell anything they want. thumbsup2.gif

I like the idea of setting up a virtual booth. We'll see how it goes.

I'm in. confused-smiley-013.gif

I like the idea of setting up a virtual booth. We'll see how it goes.

I'm in. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that's the right ay to look at it. It's a test run. I'm sure there will be problems, but I'm also sure there will be some success. One things for sure, it'll be a learning process for all of us! thumbsup2.gif