• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 252 advice

13 posts in this topic

What to do? With the black costume movie hype in full swing, I am thinking about selling (on Ebay) my ASM 252 CGC 9.6. Now I know there are plenty of these out there, afterall its not a 9.8 or higher, but I can probably get good $$$ for it.

I am not a high grade collector and would be happy picking up a slabbed 9.0 at a later time. I have about 5 raw copies already too.

Should I sell it or should I keep it just because its a nice book to have?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

What to do? With the black costume movie hype in full swing, I am thinking about selling (on Ebay) my ASM 252 CGC 9.6. Now I know there are plenty of these out there, afterall its not a 9.8 or higher, but I can probably get good $$$ for it.

I am not a high grade collector and would be happy picking up a slabbed 9.0 at a later time. I have about 5 raw copies already too.

I am aure there are plenty of copies out there, and by that I mean tens of thousands, that could be placed on the newsstands today and be indistinguishable from all the other brand new books just published.

I am aure there are plenty of copies out there, and by that I mean tens of thousands, that could be placed on the newsstands today and be indistinguishable from all the other brand new books just published.

And yet I dont have one.

( albeit this is mostly because I don't think the book is worth more than 20 bucks...)

Artboy99

Congrats on the 1000th post!

I, sadly, do not own this book. I want a raw copy, but I can't see buying a raw of it or ASM 300 right now. I keep hoping prices will adjust (drop) a bit after the movie. I hope it does. I sold a VG ASM300 for basically nothing thinking I'd just pick up a 9.8. lol LOL Picked the *wrong* time to do that!

Honestly I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all when I say this, but history has suggested that after most superhero movies have been released newer (last 30 years or so), books have definitely taken a dive. I'm not saying to dump all your AF 15's right now, but I can't see 252, 298, 299 or 300 maintaining the pace they're setting right now and you should be able to pick these books up around this time next year for much, much less. I can't remember when 252 came out (because my first Spidey book was 264), but I remember buying 5 copies of Amazing 300 the week is was released, and multiple copies of 298 at about double cover price when I realized the significance of who was in the book. 252 was probably even more speculated then these books. When all the non-comic collectors who are buying 252 decide to sell, what will it honestly be worth?

I don't mean to sound like Debbie-Downer here, but you've got a $150 book that may go up a little before May, but after that it's probably going to be nose-dive city.

Jay.