• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine: Origins. A comment

12 posts in this topic

I bought Wolverine: Origins 1-9 to read, and began to do so. I have a comment.

Why does a guy with built in adamantium razor sharp claws bother to use a Samurai sword?

I can't wrap my head around that...

Artboy99

Why does a guy with built in adamantium razor sharp claws bother to use a Samurai sword?

Artboy99

It's more honorable to fight with skills you're developed yourself than "powers" given to you?

I dunno, I'm reaching confused-smiley-013.gif

Artboy99

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

Reach advantage? blush.gif

...even funnier reply 27_laughing.gif

Artboy99

Yeah, I asked Daniel Way that last year at HeroesCon. I don't remember if he answered me or not. I think he said "because I want him to." Given that he's the writer, I guess that will have to do.

He was a really nice guy, though, so don't hold his answer against him or nothing

Why give away your secret advantage until you have to. By fighting with a sword,you can lull your opponent into complacency when you lose your sword. He thinks you are helpless until he gets snikt.

Its the same reason Ultimate fighters sometimes wear a brace on their good elbow instead of their bad one. Opponent concentrates on the percieved weakness.

Didn't Wolvie reveal a while back that extending (and retracting) his claws "hurt like hell"?

Given that, why not keep 'em in reserve until really needed.

Oh, they hurt like hell, but his "mutant healing factor" tidied up the injuries lickety split.

I now feel like a real fanboy. Ick. tongue.gif