• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I do the right thing???

22 posts in this topic

So I had a number of auctions just end this afternoon, and there was one that caught me off-guard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2184669704&category=32767&rd=1

It seems that shortly before it ended, someone bid it up to $100. The only problem was their feedback:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=daddymack10

So, what I did was to cancel their bid, and it went back to $49.99.

Now, I am not a greedy person, so the price going down doesn't bother me. But my question is, should I have given this person the benefit of the doubt, and take the higher amount? Or, was I correct in doing what I did and not take the risk that they wouldn't pay? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Personally, I think I made the right choice.

Ask cgcfan in here (Mike? Shuley). Isn't that his eBay acount that gave him one of the negative feedbacks (cgcfan)?

Nah...that's Bill Hughes from the Mint. 893offtopic1.gif

Oops.....ok......then how about susanville43 that gave him a positive feedback last month. Is that the same susanville as the one in here? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

By the way, I'd say you did the right thing. The guy looks like an obvious deadbeat. At least this way, you probably won't have any headaches to deal with on this auction.

Oops.....ok......then how about susanville43 that gave him a positive feedback last month. Is that the same susanville as the one in here? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey...I'm not omnipotent! confused.gif

Are you two sure you werent seperated at birth?

With all the energy they devote towards each other here, I'd guess they've been interrupted during one or more intimate events that occurred quite a long time after birth. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifshocked.gif

With all the energy they devote towards each other here, I'd guess they've been interrupted during one or more intimate events that occurred quite a long time after birth. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifshocked.gif

Hey.......I've walked in on you before when you were having a tender moment with hammer. blush.gif

So I had a number of auctions just end this afternoon, and there was one that caught me off-guard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2184669704&category=32767&rd=1

It seems that shortly before it ended, someone bid it up to $100. The only problem was their feedback:

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=daddymack10

So, what I did was to cancel their bid, and it went back to $49.99.

Now, I am not a greedy person, so the price going down doesn't bother me. But my question is, should I have given this person the benefit of the doubt, and take the higher amount? Or, was I correct in doing what I did and not take the risk that they wouldn't pay? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And now back to our regular scheduled post... sumo.gif

I think you did the right thing. That guy's feedback stinks to high heavan.

I agree with 'Shroom, in principle. If sellers don't put their collective foot down once in awhile, what's the motivation to get good feedback, as a buyer? Maybe this 'bad buyer' will think twice about their approach to eBay in future, if enough folks say "no thanks, we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."

It looks like you did the right thing. Unfortunately, his bid probably made you lose out on some bidders and money. I know I was looking at this auction with the bid at $49.99 and then it went to $99 and I was out. On the other hand, I real bidder got a nice deal. Nice book with sketch. Keep the cool books coming.

Unfortunately, his bid probably made you lose out on some bidders and money. I know I was looking at this auction with the bid at $49.99 and then it went to $99 and I was out.

Man.....that does suck.

How come this insufficiently_thoughtful_persons account isn't naru'd with 4 unique negatives and only 6 unique positives? mad.gif