• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Hulk 181

11 posts in this topic

There is some overspray from a distributor's strip (either black or a really dark blue) at the top of the front and back covers in two places. How will this affect its grade?

Is there a limit on the number of spine stresses for a particular grade?

Is this worth slabbing if I'm planning on selling it? Thanks.

Hulk181Front.jpg

Hulk181Back.jpg

Welcome to the boards!

BC seems to have an excess amount of waviness to it. (Water damage?) That, in addition to heavy creasing (dist.overspray doesn't affect the grade as much as these other factors)

I wouldn't slab it in this grade

Are you sure there isn't moisture waviness on this book? I know scans can accentuate slight bends and make them appear more severe due to scan shadows, but this book does look very wavy... plus there appears to be a small water spot at the bottom back spine corner.

A book can get moisture waviness without necessarily having been wet. A damp environment can do it.

There is some overspray from a distributor's strip (either black or a really dark blue) at the top of the front and back covers in two places. How will this affect its grade?

At this grade the distributor's spray won't have any effect on the grade. sumo.gif

Yes and no - look at the graph on page 27? of the OSGG which shows the relative number of defects allowable in each grade.

Possibly a 6.0, but I doubt it. Slabbing may increase the return, as it will be certified complete and unrestored. But not by much.

At this grade the distributor's spray won't have any effect on the grade. sumo.gif

Yes and no - look at the graph on page 27? of the OSGG which shows the relative number of defects allowable in each grade.

Possibly a 6.0, but I doubt it. Slabbing may increase the return, as it will be certified complete and unrestored. But not by much.

Agreed.

The books shows signs of waviness for sure, even if it's only slight but I doubt it's from moisture. Perhaps bad storage. Scanners do make them look worse but they also catch flaws easily missed by glancing. :\

I'll say 5.5/6.0 and will also add that it would be worth slabbing to get rid of the assumptions by potential buyers on what you might be withholding during sale.