• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper that is hot ebay or going to be soon

23 posts in this topic

Thought we could start a similiar thread as in the Modern category. Pooling resources has paid off there so lets try it here as well.

Here are a few thoughts. Correct me if they dont apply to Copper as I blur the line alot. As I think its like 84 to the mid 90s I guess. There are some nice find in this area if you can find them cheap. The problem in this area of books is simply there are a TON of them. Last issues of a series, independents, and black cover books rule the retail in this period I think.

Joe 21 - In any grade sells well, but best is VG or NM.

Conan 275 - Again in high grade only sells for $25

JLA - last few issues of 1st series are tough for low print runs. - They sucked though.

Flash 345-350 always tough. Someone told me the Death of Iris issue is tough too, but cant remember the number.

I have seen a huge swell of demand for Transformer issues in high grade as well.

I like What if 4 as well for the Spidey Tie-In as well What if the Alien Symbiote has Possessed Spider-man. I see it similiar to the Clone Saga What if years ago.

And BTW if you havent put up your ASM 298-300, SW8, ASM252s, and MTU and Web Spidey appearances and you want to sell them DO IT NOW!

I think Transformers #3 (with Spider-Man in black costume on cover, and full issue appearance) will start shooting up when Spider-Man 3 movie comes out and you see more previews for Transformers movie (By Michael Bay, or is it Jerry Bruckheimer, can't remember which one died) coming out.

By the way, I think this thread is the same thing as Undervalued Copper Age Comics thread.

I'm seeing those Flashes turn up in comics shops with much higher prices on them. The Death of Iris Allen issue is Flash 275, but the storyline goes on for several issues after that. Another trio of Flash issues that are always hot in our local stores are Flash 323-325 with the death of Reverse Flash and the start of the Trial of the Flash storyline that ended in Flash 350.

I've checked some of the bigger online comic sites and some have Flash 323-325 selling for $15 each, while other issues from the later Infantino-Bates run sell for much less. Flash 350 will continue to rise in value due to the fact that it's a last issue (for a good example of how it will increase, see old copies of Overstreet and watch Flash Comics 104 rise in value).

Mike B.

And BTW if you havent put up your ASM 298-300, ..., and MTU and Web Spidey appearances and you want to sell them DO IT NOW!

What if you are in the market to pick these up wink.gif

Then you are going to over pay for books that will go down in value within the next 12 months gossip.gif

And BTW if you havent put up your ASM 298-300, ..., and MTU and Web Spidey appearances and you want to sell them DO IT NOW!

What if you are in the market to pick these up wink.gif

Then you are going to over pay for books that will go down in value within the next 12 months gossip.gif

Then 12 months it is thumbsup2.gif

The only Joe book worth in those numbers is 21 in high grade. The others while are hard to find in high grade dont command a huge premium yet. I am not saying they wont appreciate in value well I just dont see a huge demand for them yet. I did sell an issue 1 about 3 years ago in NM for $50, but that was due to a bidder war which rarely happens these days. I do remember when issue 2 was supposed to be scarce and hard to find as well, but that seems to have died down some. The pain is finding 1st prints sometimes due to all the crazy prints they issued. There are like 4 prints of 21 its insane.

Shouldn't copper be 1980-1989? It makes the most sense considering most consider sixties=silver

seventies=bronze

eighties= copper

90's+ = modern

I would think that early eighties books would be a good place to start with for copper.

Also, those low print DC's from 1980-84 are TOUGH to find in higher grade. I have been putting together runs of most of them, and wonder woman, Green Lantern and Flash have been the toughest so far. I might actually sell the ones i have so far since it seems they get the most action, and i am getting frustrated trying to find raw 9.4 or better for cheap.

those low print DC's from 1980-84 are TOUGH to find in higher grade. I have been putting together runs of most of them, and wonder woman, Green Lantern and Flash have been the toughest so far. I might actually sell the ones i have so far since it seems they get the most action, and i am getting frustrated trying to find raw 9.4 or better for cheap.

I am interested in this, as I often read about how titles from this period are harder to find - not just DC, but Marvel and Charlton as well. (And Whitman too I guess.) Any more thoughts on the matter? Have you found specific issues to be really tough to find?

The most over rated books in history:

ASM298 - Copies graded at 9.8 -------- 106

ASM299 - Copies graded at 9.8 -------- 104

ASM300 - Copies graded at 9.8 -------- 127 and 3 at 9.9

Obviously these books are a big smash now that SMan 3 is coming out but in terms of rarity these books are at the bottom of any high grade ASM collector's list to nab up. Not like it's ever gonna be a challenge to get one so why pay high now? Can't really understand how ppl do run wild just because of movie hype unless they have no clue what the census is. tonofbricks.gif

The most over rated books in history:

ASM298 - Copies graded at 9.8 -------- 106

ASM299 - Copies graded at 9.8 -------- 104

ASM300 - Copies graded at 9.8 -------- 127 and 3 at 9.9

Obviously these books are a big smash now that SMan 3 is coming out but in terms of rarity these books are at the bottom of any high grade ASM collector's list to nab up. Not like it's ever gonna be a challenge to get one so why pay high now? Can't really understand how ppl do run wild just because of movie hype unless they have no clue what the census is. tonofbricks.gif

Yeah but, the thing is about 5000 people want a copy of each of those in high grade, so the prices make sense. I'm certain other less popular books exist in high grades too, but no one bothers to send them into CGC because they do not see any financial reason to do so, therefore the census can be be misleading that way.

But, I do agree movie hype drives the prices somewhat above reason.

"Also, those low print DC's from 1980-84 are TOUGH to find in higher grade. I have been putting together runs of most of them, and wonder woman, Green Lantern and Flash have been the toughest so far. I might actually sell the ones i have so far since it seems they get the most action, and i am getting frustrated trying to find raw 9.4 or better for cheap."

Are they really that hard? WW maybe. Or are you talking about trying to pluck raw 9.8s out of the box?

None of the DC's are impossible but 'Blob' is spot on. The last few issues of Wonder Woman and The Flash are tougher $5 to $10+ books as opposed to the usual $1 to $2 for many books of the era. This has been the case for a while now.

Earl.

The Charltons from this time frame are tougher than it seems they should be. Especially Static, Prof. Coffin, Capt. Willie Schultz and Zoo Funnies. But from my experience they are not super tough to find. I have tracked most of them down at not much over cover price. Not like some of the scarce Bronze Marvels and DC's that are virtually impossible to find.

--S.

those low print DC's from 1980-84 are TOUGH to find in higher grade. I have been putting together runs of most of them, and wonder woman, Green Lantern and Flash have been the toughest so far. I might actually sell the ones i have so far since it seems they get the most action, and i am getting frustrated trying to find raw 9.4 or better for cheap.

I am interested in this, as I often read about how titles from this period are harder to find - not just DC, but Marvel and Charlton as well. (And Whitman too I guess.) Any more thoughts on the matter? Have you found specific issues to be really tough to find?

after a couple of months i have gotten a pretty complete run of all three.

Flash shows up the most, followed by GL, and then WW.

I would not say that they are impossible by any stretch of the imagination, but Marvels out-number these in $2-$5 boxes 5-1. I like to go for raw 9.0's , and alot of the 50 cent Green Lanterns were the last ones i found. I had to pay more for the WW's, but i found a bunch all at once that someone had taken the time to care for.