• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dead Artists' Society
1 1

134 posts in this topic

Those are some nice pages Scrooge, thanks for posting.

Heroic is a pretty solid, collectible, run from start to finish.

I'll disagree with you Bill. Once Heroic gets into the biz of "ripping today's headlines into stories" the title takes a turn for the worst. How many times can you read a story about how Bobby saved Timmy the dog and next issue about how Timmy the dog saved Bobby, ... It's tiresome quickly and the artist line-up editorial pulled together was uneven at best. Sure, you can luck into Frazetta or Evans here and there but that'll amount to 2 to 5 pages tops and that's just not enough to interest me in the comic.

Just got this in today, and yeah, I am quite proud of it. :cloud9:

Ghost Rider #2 9.0, knocking the 8.5 Crippen copy out of the highest graded spot.

Sadly it comes a week after the passing of my favorite artist :(

ghostrider2.jpg

Hey Frank, the title is going to be "Death's Stagecoach", any thoughts ?

How about something like this.......

ghostrider2_closeup.jpg

I too love Mr. Frazetta.

It's really a shame that I've cherished his art since I was a kid...I'll be 40 this year and never got a chance to meet him.

Same goes with all of these wonderful artists.

It's like I got to the party, but everyone is gone.

What a genuinely creepy and classic cover. It really comes alive with action.

Frank was the Michelangelo of comics.

p.s. SUPER-NICE colors on your copy.

Hi guys,

since many of us seem excited about the ability to read some books from the Golden Age Comics download site, how about we institute a Comic Book Reading Club. Here's the idea. Each week, we pick a book to read and come back to the thread to comment on the issue. We could each vote / rank our favorite stories in the book, favorite page and favorite panel.

I suggest we start with Planet # 6. I know it's shot from micro-fiche and not the best quality repro but it's a classic series in its formative period with a lot of different and interesting strips. I suggest we come back here to comment on Sunday?

Please post a reply in the thread to let everyone know if you're in.

Also, if someone that has downloaded the issue can make it available for download outside of the Golden Age Comics website that would be great.

any interest in reviving this? there's tons more GA books that are scanned now....

Hi guys,

since many of us seem excited about the ability to read some books from the Golden Age Comics download site, how about we institute a Comic Book Reading Club. Here's the idea. Each week, we pick a book to read and come back to the thread to comment on the issue. We could each vote / rank our favorite stories in the book, favorite page and favorite panel.

I suggest we start with Planet # 6. I know it's shot from micro-fiche and not the best quality repro but it's a classic series in its formative period with a lot of different and interesting strips. I suggest we come back here to comment on Sunday?

Please post a reply in the thread to let everyone know if you're in.

Also, if someone that has downloaded the issue can make it available for download outside of the Golden Age Comics website that would be great.

any interest in reviving this? there's tons more GA books that are scanned now....

New guy here, but this seems like a fun idea.

I apologize if I overstepped my bounds.

Let's try this again:

I hosted the file for Amazing Man # 10 at Rapidshare and the download link is:

Amazing Man # 10

Otherwise, I assume it is available also at the Digital Comic Museum.

and the .cbr reader is a program called CDisplay. You can download it free from this link:

CDisplay CBR Reader

104450.jpg.7ecd0df3ead5c1570193342325a85cce.jpg

Let's try this again:

I hosted the file for Amazing Man # 10 at Rapidshare and the download link is:

Amazing Man # 10

Otherwise, I assume it is available also at the Digital Comic Museum.

and the .cbr reader is a program called CDisplay. You can download it free from this link:

CDisplay CBR Reader

I read the Aman story and I was a little disappointed. It reminded me on Planes, Trains and Automobiles. The whole story was about getting somewhere for whatever reason. Neat superpowers tricks were used which probably helps separate him from Superman and the Shadow. I liked the art on some of the back up stories. And liked the Filchock Mighty Man character.

Bruce