• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

One of the Boardies i have certainly developed a true bond with is Gino. Mr. G and i have had numerous PM's admiring books posted for auction, and admiration for each others collections. Because we sometimes fish in the same pond, we sometimes will reach out to the other to find out "....Are you going for this one"? hm

This was one such book. It came to auction in 2015 and though it was long on my want list, Gino had posted 'out in the open' on the Boards he was looking for a copy. I took this as 'first rights' and naturally, declined from bidding. Gino won and i was happy for him. Plus anyway, i knew who owned it :devil::D Fast forward to now, and lo and behold, he has passed it on to me :cloud9: (must have been all those 'subtle hints' i was still looking for a copy :D ) Good things come to those who wait. Thanks again buddy, i owe you one (thumbs u

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v3%202_zpsfidgmyfg.jpg

One of the Boardies i have certainly developed a true bond with is Gino. Mr. G and i have had numerous PM's admiring books posted for auction, and admiration for each others collections. Because we sometimes fish in the same pond, we sometimes will reach out to the other to find out "....Are you going for this one"? hm

This was one such book. It came to auction in 2015 and though it was long on my want list, Gino had posted 'out in the open' on the Boards he was looking for a copy. I took this as 'first rights' and naturally, declined from bidding. Gino won and i was happy for him. Plus anyway, i knew who owned it :devil::D Fast forward to now, and lo and behold, he has passed it on to me :cloud9: (must have been all those 'subtle hints' i was still looking for a copy :D ) Good things come to those who wait. Thanks again buddy, i owe you one (thumbs u

Another cat out of the bag.Awesome book!

Great book C!!! and thanks for the shout out!! (worship)

I know if anyone will appreciate this book it will be you pal and I couldn't agree more these boards have been a wonderful place to meet a fantastic crowd of folks with a great passion for our hobby and you are one of them!! Enjoy!! (thumbs u

This thread needs a bump after almost 5 months.  My latest Four Favorites pick-up.  Happy to have snagged the first issue.  About 1/3 of the way to completing the run, back to the hunt!  My kitties were even excited!

image.thumb.jpeg.a2135fcd3b49d1e2885be94456405ee1.jpeg

Edited by MustEatBrains

2 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

This thread needs a bump after almost 5 months.  My latest Four Favorites pick-up.  Happy to have snagged the first issue.  About 1/3 of the way to completing the run, back to the hunt!  My kitties were even excited!

image.thumb.jpeg.a2135fcd3b49d1e2885be94456405ee1.jpeg

:applause:Sweet! Great grab there! :luhv: