• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

here is my 6 Great covers in this title jb

Jeeze jb you really know how to rub it in don't you.

All kidding aside, does any one here really think a book like this would fly under the radar? Is there Anyone left in the world that doesn't look on EBay? And what makes anyone think that only board members pay nosebleed prices? As much as I love this book, I'm realistic enough to know that this is going to go WAY over what I would be willing go on it.

I really hope a boardie gets it and I wish you all luck. Just realize that not all the deep pocket players are not boardies...

here is my 6 Great covers in this title jb

Jeeze jb you really know how to rub it in don't you.

All kidding aside, does any one here really think a book like this would fly under the radar? Is there Anyone left in the world that doesn't look on EBay? And what makes anyone think that only board members pay nosebleed prices? As much as I love this book, I'm realistic enough to know that this is going to go WAY over what I would be willing go on it.

I really hope a boardie gets it and I wish you all luck. Just realize that not all the deep pocket players are not boardies...

Sound reasoning RM. (thumbs u

Am I the only one annoyed by these "photocopy comic books" appearing on eBay now? :facepalm:

Me too its required me to add (-) photocopy to many of my listings. I've contacted him he's a nice guy with a passion for comics but it did get me overexcited when rare books I want all pop up over and over and over and over again haha!!

I'm sure you people have seen that simply STUNNING copy of Four Favorites #6 (as well as a few more) that Comics4less has running on the bay. Man, that is killer. Only copy I've ever seen outside of Gerber. On my want list for years and now I REALLY want it. Any guesses as to it will bring???

Ssssshhhh, I was hoping no one would notice. Just kidding there was no way this one was going to go under the radar. I am thinking $1800-2500 based on some of the recent sales of hard to find, cool cover, esoteric GA. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it went higher as when are you going to get a shot at another one?

$1,934.00 final hammer.

Any way to block their listings?

You can avoid listings by seller setting your search preferences, or – as said – put an operator (minus) before the word and add "-photocopy", but nonetheless it is annoying as these are not bound volume reprints, and should not be there because they just cause confusion (as the "DVDs" did… :P ).

H
I'm cross posting this (I should have posted here first) - Anyone have one of these, would love to see other copies of this classic cover

IMG_0508_zpso6zx5vy9.jpg

:applause::applause: Beauty!! Glad to see when I finally get around to submitting mine (pile of books on deck, have to stop buying first though) it's got a classic cover designation. Thanks for posting here. Hope this thread eventually gets the kind of enthusiasm as other publisher threads with multiple posts and comments :wishluck:

Oh, and here's mine: image_zpsfu8y9g6c.jpeg

GREAT BOOKS GENTS!! Rudy!!! Rudy!!! Rudy!!!

Pretty happy with my copy.

SuperMystery_zpscntvrsuh.jpg

Wow, that is one sharp example! Stunner :applause:

Missed this one....Fantastic book brother!!

As I suspected based on the scan, it is also the Davis Crippen/"D" Copy too. :headbang: