• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Submissions

58 posts in this topic

I thought Stan was only gonna be signing for 75 people. Im guessing you are all hoping to get one of the 75 tickets to see Stan. I was planning on getting my Spidey #100 cgc 9.0 already signed by Romita and my Cap #100 cgc 9.0, signed by Stan Lee at the show but kind of lost hope for that. Hopefully they get done at the private signing in March.

We have connections!

Actually Paradise comics has arranged for a private signing wit Stan Lee after Wizard World LA.

Some artists on the books Stan will be signing will be in NYC as well

. Hopefully they get done at the private signing in March.

We have connections!

Actually Paradise comics has arranged for a private signing wit Stan Lee after Wizard World LA.

Yep! That's where my 2 maybe 3 books will be going.Not gonna be cheap.

We have connections!

Yanno-- it's not cheap, but I think the price is more than reasonable. Honestly, especially depending what books he signs, you're going to boost the value of the book by the signing cost. Beyond that, it's Stan freaking Lee. You could pretty much charge any amount and it'd be worth it, especially to a hardcore Lee junky like myself. And the price includes the encapsulation, so when you consider that... you're really not paying much of anything.

I and My attempt to break Alex's records for most sigs on a book

893whatthe.gif Care to fill us in? gossip.gif

WhatIf34cover250.jpg

Ive allready got 6 lined up for it

Including Stan Lee

why does it say "Not to be Sold" on the bottom of the front cover?

and yes, this is not only the best What If ever, but possibly the best book Marvel put out that year

We have connections!

Keep in mind a portion of the slabbing price will go to charity. That's one of the main reasons why Stan is doing the signing. That and he likes Peter and Kevin. headbang.gif

I and My attempt to break Alex's records for most sigs on a book

893whatthe.gif Care to fill us in? gossip.gif

WhatIf34cover250.jpg

Ive allready got 6 lined up for it

Including Stan Lee

why does it say "Not to be Sold" on the bottom of the front cover?

and yes, this is not only the best What If ever, but possibly the best book Marvel put out that year

That image is just a pic I found online..

Not my actual book

My submits:

Epic Illustrated 34 (B. Sienkiewicz, A. Suydam, J. Starlin)

X-Men 63 (N. Adams, R. Thomas)

Tomb of Dracula 25 (G. Colan)

Hulk 218 (E. Chan)

House of Mystery 228 (N. Adams, C. Infantino, S. - Aragones & L. Domenguz - at Wondercon)

Marvel Comics Presents: Wolverine 1 (W. Simonson, T. DeFalco)

House of Secrets 90 (N. Adams, R. Buckler)

X-Men 172 (B. Wiacek, J. Shooter)

X-Mas w/Superheroes (N. Adams, J. L. G. Lopez, M. Anderson, N. Cardy - at Wondercon)

X-Men 114 (T. Austin, J. Shooter)

Fantastic Four 280 (J. Ordway, J. Shooter)

Getting sigs added to my Supes/Bats 26 and Heroes against Hunger books. Also getting a couple Usagi Yojimbo #100 started and a Heroes for Hope.

Regarding Stan's signings, I just dropped off 10 books in NY for him to sign in March (via Peter). The price was actually better than I thought -- about $65 a book -- but the downside is I won't see them for a couple months at least... Certainly easy to live with that.

I'm getting Sgt. Fury 1, JIM 83, TOS 39, FF 4 and 5, TOS 52, TTA 35, ST 110, FF 52, and Daredevil 1 signed. I hope if this happens again to get the rest of the early Marvel keys signed by Stan...I have a few of them already, but still have some heavyweights (AF 15, Hulk 1, etc.) to get signed down the road.

Dan