• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - The USAF Mildenhall Collection - Discounted 'Left-Overs' & All New Books!

1,455 posts in this topic

Here's the update on what hasn't yet sold this week....

Adventure Comics #428 VF+ $40.00 Mark Jewelers Insert

Brave And The Bold #115 VF/NM $45.00

Amazing Adventures #2 VF+ $22.00

Amazing Adventures #10 VF/NM $30.00

Amazing Spider-Man #109 VF+ $40.00

Avengers #153 VF/NM $10.00

Avengers #160 VF/NM $10.00

Fantastic Four #66 VF+ $110.00

Fantastic Four #68 VF+ $55.00

Fantastic Four #70 VF- $32.00

Fantastic Four #71 VF $40.00

More goodies to come tonight! yay.gif

Nick I would personally like to thank you for making all of us poorer (yet somehow richer for it)...My financial embarrassment salutes you! thumbsup2.gif

We'll be getting started shortly with some of this week's offerings, but before we do, I'd just like to address a few matters...

(1) Thanks to a whole bunch of you who made payments last week...much appreciated. flowerred.gif On the back of these, the following parcels went in the mail today...

LordRahl

Rocketeer

McMiles

Dad&Son

Peter

shiverbones

Monkeyman

nik

cd4ever

(2) A small annoyance....last week I made a public request for payment from those who were in a position to do so, and made it clear that if you weren't able, that was cool too. What I didn't particularly appreciate was a number of boarders making all the noises that they were going to pay, requesting totals and Paypal details....and then going silent for four/five days. The owner of these books wanted to know how much I was likely to be passing over, and so I told him...and then ended up looking like a right . frown.gif Look, only tell me what you can and cannot do...not what you think I might want to hear. If you can't pay quite yet...no problems, just communicate that fact, not some fairy story. sign-rantpost.gif

(3) Some of you have fairly specific requirements and have either submitted wants, or have made me aware of what you're looking for so that I can give you a heads-up when I'm about to list something that fits. Some of you have got just a bit testy because they haven't showed up yet. 893naughty-thumb.gif I'm sorry that we haven't got to your books yet, but this collection filled over 40 boxes and by my reckoning, we're now on about box six. Most things are likely to be represented to one degree or another in this collection and I'm working as fast as I can, so please bear with me. crazy.gif

(4) I've posted a few Silver Age books over the weekend, and there are more FFs to come this week, with further SA in the weeks ahead. One thing I've noticed is that a few of them have shown specific signs of having been through the American distribution system (printers's ink overspray, date stamps), which is slightly unusual given that the owner was UK based. However, I am aware that he used every avenue available to 'score his fix' from the US, including having friends and relatives pick stuff up in the States and using mail order for a number of new books. These books were filed away with all the other books from the specific time periods, all loose in the same plastic bags, not a backing board or comic bag in sight. Bottom line, can I 100% guarantee that these highlighted issues are truly OO? No, I can't, but everything I have seen in terms of evidence points to that fact.

That's about it and apologies for sending half of you to sleep, but some things were more efficiently addressed by making a public announcement rather than dealing with a few dozen PMs.

This week, we're pretty much all Marvel, with three DCs at the front-end crazy.gif, so does anyone want to finally see some new books?

My apologies... sorry.gif...paypal sent... flowerred.gif

We'll be getting started shortly with some of this week's offerings, but before we do, I'd just like to address a few matters...

(1) Thanks to a whole bunch of you who made payments last week...much appreciated. flowerred.gif On the back of these, the following parcels went in the mail today...

LordRahl

Rocketeer

McMiles

Dad&Son

Peter

shiverbones

Monkeyman

nik

cd4ever

(2) A small annoyance....last week I made a public request for payment from those who were in a position to do so, and made it clear that if you weren't able, that was cool too. What I didn't particularly appreciate was a number of boarders making all the noises that they were going to pay, requesting totals and Paypal details....and then going silent for four/five days. The owner of these books wanted to know how much I was likely to be passing over, and so I told him...and then ended up looking like a right . frown.gif Look, only tell me what you can and cannot do...not what you think I might want to hear. If you can't pay quite yet...no problems, just communicate that fact, not some fairy story. sign-rantpost.gif

(3) Some of you have fairly specific requirements and have either submitted wants, or have made me aware of what you're looking for so that I can give you a heads-up when I'm about to list something that fits. Some of you have got just a bit testy because they haven't showed up yet. 893naughty-thumb.gif I'm sorry that we haven't got to your books yet, but this collection filled over 40 boxes and by my reckoning, we're now on about box six. Most things are likely to be represented to one degree or another in this collection and I'm working as fast as I can, so please bear with me. crazy.gif

(4) I've posted a few Silver Age books over the weekend, and there are more FFs to come this week, with further SA in the weeks ahead. One thing I've noticed is that a few of them have shown specific signs of having been through the American distribution system (printers's ink overspray, date stamps), which is slightly unusual given that the owner was UK based. However, I am aware that he used every avenue available to 'score his fix' from the US, including having friends and relatives pick stuff up in the States and using mail order for a number of new books. These books were filed away with all the other books from the specific time periods, all loose in the same plastic bags, not a backing board or comic bag in sight. Bottom line, can I 100% guarantee that these highlighted issues are truly OO? No, I can't, but everything I have seen in terms of evidence points to that fact.

That's about it and apologies for sending half of you to sleep, but some things were more efficiently addressed by making a public announcement rather than dealing with a few dozen PMs.

This week, we're pretty much all Marvel, with three DCs at the front-end crazy.gif, so does anyone want to finally see some new books?

My apologies... sorry.gif...paypal sent... flowerred.gif

Bill, in fairness, you were not the only one...not by far.

flowerred.gif