• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - The USAF Mildenhall Collection - Discounted 'Left-Overs' & All New Books!

1,455 posts in this topic

I really can't believe no one is buying these.

Saturday night....it seems that lots of other folk have actually got a life. tongue.gif

A LOT of folks are at Wondercon right now at a forum dinner.

I have only bought uber high grade books from Nick. Accurately graded of course. I have seen several times that Nick has undergraded books in this grade range plus good prices (look at Niks cgc books purchased from Nick) . If I was collecting these I would be picking them up without blinking.

Fantastic Four #71

VF (8.0)

$40

Flat, silk-smooth covers with the most superb gloss and colour-strike, very supple in hand but with pages that are slightly tanning at the edges. Problems are a touch of spine stress just below the bottom staple and impacts to top and bottom right corners that have left minor bends through the book. This has got the eye-appeal of a VF/NM, but those bends drag it down.

FantasticFour71-Front.jpg

FantasticFour71-Back.jpg

As previously intimated, the Silver Age from this collection is of a lesser quality than the Bronze and later books. There are too many books that are the UK (pence) editions, and too many that have been well-read…the OO was only a kid when he bought them and it often shows. However, there are a number of books that have made it through in decent shape and the owner has spent a bit of time sorting through the boxes to find a few to post up here.

Amazing Spider-Man #39

VF (8.0)

$200

Totally flat, smooth covers with excellent gloss and colour-strike. Pages are fresh and off-white to white. Excellent spine, slightly rounded corners, light over-hang damage, the vaguest of thumb stresses just in from the mid-point of the leading edge. The only real problem with the book is the small tear on the top edge, sufficient to drag it down to VF, even though the book presents a hell of a lot better than the grade would suggest.

AmazingSpider-Man39-Front.jpg

AmazingSpider-Man39-Back.jpg

takeit.gif

As previously intimated, the Silver Age from this collection is of a lesser quality than the Bronze and later books. There are too many books that are the UK (pence) editions, and too many that have been well-read…the OO was only a kid when he bought them and it often shows. However, there are a number of books that have made it through in decent shape and the owner has spent a bit of time sorting through the boxes to find a few to post up here.

Amazing Spider-Man #39

VF (8.0)

$200

Totally flat, smooth covers with excellent gloss and colour-strike. Pages are fresh and off-white to white. Excellent spine, slightly rounded corners, light over-hang damage, the vaguest of thumb stresses just in from the mid-point of the leading edge. The only real problem with the book is the small tear on the top edge, sufficient to drag it down to VF, even though the book presents a hell of a lot better than the grade would suggest.

takeit.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

flowerred.gif

I agree with Foolkiller. FF's are not on my collecting radar at the moment but those books should fly outta here. Really sweet copies.

Fantastic Four #47

VF (8.0)

$65

Flat, smooth covers with excellent gloss and colour-strike. Pages are off-white. Problems are a few small nicks on the spine, overhang wear to top and bottom edges, vague stress at the bottom right corner, a small but pronounced fold at the top right, a slight bend at the bottom left corner of the back cover that you can make out when angling the book into the light. Oh, and it’s manufactured with just the one staple.

FantasticFour47-Front.jpg

FantasticFour47-Back.jpg

takeit.gif That'll teach all those guys who actually have a life.

Fantastic Four #47

VF (8.0)

$65

Flat, smooth covers with excellent gloss and colour-strike. Pages are off-white. Problems are a few small nicks on the spine, overhang wear to top and bottom edges, vague stress at the bottom right corner, a small but pronounced fold at the top right, a slight bend at the bottom left corner of the back cover that you can make out when angling the book into the light. Oh, and it’s manufactured with just the one staple.

FantasticFour47-Front.jpg

FantasticFour47-Back.jpg

takeit.gif That'll teach all those guys who actually have a life.

hail.gif

wondered how long it would take gaz or bill morris to hit the I'll take it button

It is a nice copy but I have a CGC 9.2 I bought from Metropolis , but if Nick has a nice centered 87 , 88 or 104 I will be there .

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

A few books have sold from previous weeks, so here's an update on everything that's still available....

1st Issue Special #1 NM- $15.00

1st Issue Special #3 NM- $8.00 T & P Stamp

Action Comics #460 NM- $9.00

Action Comics #475 NM $10.00

Action Comics #490 VF+ $4.00

Adventure Comics #435 VF/NM $35.00

Adventure Comics #440 NM- $65.00 Mark Jewelers Insert

Adventure Comics #448 VF/NM $7.00

Adventure Comics #469 NM $7.00

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #6 VF $100.00

DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest #14 VF $8.00

DC Special Blue Ribbon Digest #20 VF+ $40.00

DC Special Presents #16 VF $12.00

Detective Comics #438 NM- $90.00

Detective Comics #440 VF/NM $50.00

Detective Comics #460 NM- $25.00

Firestorm (1978) #2 NM+ $10.00

Firestorm (1982) #1 NM $7.00

Flash #244 VF+ $8.00

Green Lantern #141 VF+ $3.00

House Of Secrets #136 NM- $25.00

Justice League Of America #125 NM- $24.00

Justice League Of America #126 NM- $24.00

Justice League Of America #127 VF/NM $14.00

Justice League Of America #129 VF/NM $14.00

Justice League Of America #134 VF/NM $14.00

Justice League Of America #140 NM- $20.00

Justice League Of America #144 VF+ $8.00

Justice League Of America #153 VF $7.00

Justice League Of America #154 VF+ $8.00

Justice League Of America #155 VF $7.00

Plop! #18 NM $28.00

Plop! #23 NM- $30.00

Shazam! #6 VF/NM $12.00

Shazam! #6 VF/NM $12.00

Starfire #5 NM $7.00

Starfire #6 NM- $6.00

Starfire #7 NM- $6.00

Time Warp #1 VF/NM $10.00

Time Warp #2 VF/NM $7.00

Weird War Tales #32 NM- $30.00 Mark Jewelers Insert

Weird Western Tales #42 NM- $10.00

World's Finest #238 NM- $12.00

Black Panther #5 NM $15.00

Captain America #202 VF+ $8.00

Captain America #219 VF+ $3.00

Captain America Annual #3 VF/NM $18.00

Daredevil #138 VF/NM $14.00

Daredevil #141 VF/NM $20.00

Daredevil #145 VF/NM $10.00

Daredevil #151 NM- $15.00

Daredevil #153 NM- $15.00

Daredevil #154 VF/NM $10.00

Fantastic Four #125 VF/NM $22.00

Fantastic Four #129 VF+ $18.00

FOOM #8 FN/VF $13.00

FOOM #11 NM- $40.00

FOOM #12 VF $15.00

FOOM #15 VF/NM $28.00

FOOM #16 NM $35.00

FOOM #17 FN+ $7.00

FOOM #19 VF+ $17.00

FOOM #20 FN/VF $9.00

FOOM #22 VF $27.00

Giant-Size Chillers #1 VF/NM $45.00

Howard The Duck #1 VF+ $18.00

Incredible Hulk #145 VF $20.00

Incredible Hulk #147 VF $12.00

Incredible Hulk #154 VF/NM $20.00

Incredible Hulk #163 VF+ $12.00

Incredible Hulk #166 VF $9.00

Incredible Hulk #169 VF+ $12.00

Incredible Hulk #173 NM- $27.00

Incredible Hulk #179 VF+ $9.00

Incredible Hulk #190 NM- $15.00

Incredible Hulk #193 NM- $15.00

Incredible Hulk #195 VF $5.00

Incredible Hulk #199 NM- $15.00

Incredible Hulk #200 VF+ $17.00

Incredible Hulk #210 NM- $8.00

Incredible Hulk #211 VF/NM $5.00

Incredible Hulk #217 VF/NM $5.00 Mark Jewelers Insert

Incredible Hulk #218 VF/NM $5.00

Incredible Hulk #224 NM- $6.00

Incredible Hulk #225 NM- $6.00

Incredible Hulk #228 VF+ $3.00

Incredible Hulk #229 VF/NM $4.00

Incredible Hulk #231 NM- $6.00

Incredible Hulk #236 NM $8.00

Incredible Hulk #237 NM $8.00

Incredible Hulk #244 NM- $6.00

Kull The Conqueror #3 VF+ $13.00

Marvel Premiere #41 NM- $5.00

Marvel Spotlight #16 NM+ $20.00

Marvel Spotlight #17 NM- $14.00

Marvel Spotlight #29 NM+ $35.00

Marvel Team-Up #12 VF $15.00 Mark Jewelers Insert

Marvel Team-Up #100 NM- $7.00

Supernatural Thrillers #4 NM- $25.00

Tomb Of Dracula #49 NM $18.00

Tomb Of Dracula #55 NM- $15.00 Mark Jewelers Insert

Tomb Of Dracula #57 VF/NM $10.00

X-Men #106 VF/NM $55.00

X-Men #108 VF+ $42.00

More new books later! yay.gif

wondered how long it would take gaz or bill morris to hit the I'll take it button

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

We'll be getting started shortly with some of this week's offerings, but before we do, I'd just like to address a few matters...

(1) Thanks to a whole bunch of you who made payments last week...much appreciated. flowerred.gif On the back of these, the following parcels went in the mail today...

LordRahl

Rocketeer

McMiles

Dad&Son

Peter

shiverbones

Monkeyman

nik

cd4ever

(2) A small annoyance....last week I made a public request for payment from those who were in a position to do so, and made it clear that if you weren't able, that was cool too. What I didn't particularly appreciate was a number of boarders making all the noises that they were going to pay, requesting totals and Paypal details....and then going silent for four/five days. The owner of these books wanted to know how much I was likely to be passing over, and so I told him...and then ended up looking like a right . frown.gif Look, only tell me what you can and cannot do...not what you think I might want to hear. If you can't pay quite yet...no problems, just communicate that fact, not some fairy story. sign-rantpost.gif

(3) Some of you have fairly specific requirements and have either submitted wants, or have made me aware of what you're looking for so that I can give you a heads-up when I'm about to list something that fits. Some of you have got just a bit testy because they haven't showed up yet. 893naughty-thumb.gif I'm sorry that we haven't got to your books yet, but this collection filled over 40 boxes and by my reckoning, we're now on about box six. Most things are likely to be represented to one degree or another in this collection and I'm working as fast as I can, so please bear with me. crazy.gif

(4) I've posted a few Silver Age books over the weekend, and there are more FFs to come this week, with further SA in the weeks ahead. One thing I've noticed is that a few of them have shown specific signs of having been through the American distribution system (printers's ink overspray, date stamps), which is slightly unusual given that the owner was UK based. However, I am aware that he used every avenue available to 'score his fix' from the US, including having friends and relatives pick stuff up in the States and using mail order for a number of new books. These books were filed away with all the other books from the specific time periods, all loose in the same plastic bags, not a backing board or comic bag in sight. Bottom line, can I 100% guarantee that these highlighted issues are truly OO? No, I can't, but everything I have seen in terms of evidence points to that fact.

That's about it and apologies for sending half of you to sleep, but some things were more efficiently addressed by making a public announcement rather than dealing with a few dozen PMs.

This week, we're pretty much all Marvel, with three DCs at the front-end crazy.gif, so does anyone want to finally see some new books?