• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man Reign... Longevity?

23 posts in this topic

Hey I was just wondering what everyone thought of the Spider-man reign series? I buy for both the love of the books and for investment. I have been purchasing these books and have copies of all issues and variants and I was wondering if this was an investment book would it be best to sell now while their in demand, or hold unto them for future value? Thanks for your opinions,

The optimism on this series is palpable. Let me sum it up. Take these issues and wipe your a$$$ with them.

I have to say, I totally agree. I'd sell them ASAP. No future longevity here. Any comparison to DKR is a joke.

Pat

I'd sell the variants ASAP, as well as the other issues, except perhaps the 1st print of #1 if the print run was truly "low" compared to other mainstream books. Why? Because the controversial aspect of the exposed genitals might create enough infamy to keep it amongst sought after books... However, it might have already peaked in value at about $20USD.

Let's wait and see what shocker they put into the climax, I wouldn't completely disgaurd it until we see the next issue.

Yeah, that's what they said about Civil War, and House of M, and... yeahok.gif

Well, the final issue, #4 is supposed to be in stores tomorrow. What kind of surprise is instore for all? Death of Spider-Man? and all goes crazy and gets sold out in seconds and goes through the roof in sales and early issues go like mad on ebay... (What? You already flipped yours?...) 27_laughing.gif

You are still reading it? 27_laughing.gif

Well, the final issue, #4 is supposed to be in stores tomorrow. What kind of surprise is instore for all? Death of Spider-Man? and all goes crazy and gets sold out in seconds and goes through the roof in sales and early issues go like mad on ebay... (What? You already flipped yours?...) 27_laughing.gif

You are still reading it? 27_laughing.gif

You didnt presell it and then put it in envelope to take it straight to post office?

Well I sold one complete set on eBay, and I was just wondering if I should hold on to the other ones that I have? The reason why I'm wondering this is because Wizard has it as the number one book right now on www.wizarduniverse.com . Just wondering what everyone else thinks.

If Wizard is hyping a comic, you can take it to the bank the issue will be in bargain bins within a year.

One of the most revealing sidebars that Wizard has printed in the price guide was a breakdown of issues they had considered buried treasure or hot in the past and what their prices were fetching now. Across the board, most all the issues had red shading...

Jim