• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you now when those 10 and 20 cent days on ebay are coming up?

13 posts in this topic

I went to list a few items and the fees have gotten so ridiculous I felt I was wasting my time. I like not the notion of spending 25 bucks to list something that'may not sell at all. of course anything will sell right away if you're willing to take a fifth of market value, but a guy should be able to hedge his bets without spending 25 or 50 bucks for a reserve price listing that doesn't cost ebay any more than it does to list a one dollar item.

That's business. insane.gif It's no different than Enron and gas prices. Some products and services cost us dearly, because of the limited options or alternatives we have.

...but a guy should be able to hedge his bets without spending 25 or 50 bucks for a reserve price listing that doesn't cost ebay any more than it does to list a one dollar item.

I don't sell much on Ebay - can you break down how one listing costs $25 -50? Do you spend an extra $20 to get on the Home page or something? Wasn't the max to list a comic like $4, then $1 for Reserve, $1 for Bold, $2 for the "shadow box" I see. I see the Featured Listing (which seems a waste to me the way I search for comics) - is that like $10 - 20 or something?

although on ebay.co.uk (and likely to come to .com too eventually) reserve fees are now no longer returned if the item sells. You pay the reserve fee whether the item sells or not.

we have a completely new fee structure for comics effective 2 days ago

10p (19c) flat listing fee, and 9% final value fees

we have a completely new fee structure for comics effective 2 days ago

10p (19c) flat listing fee, and 9% final value fees

893whatthe.gif

Wow. They are flirting with full service auction house commissions. Isn't Pedigree less?

At the rate ebay fees are going, anyone selling a high ticket item will go to a real auction house to avoid all the ebay risk and essentially pay the same commission with none of the ebay hassles.

Ebay will price itself out of nice items and it will turn into the worlds largest quarter / junk or scam bin.

gossip.gif However if the reserve gets met then there is no fee .

reserve costs are a percetage of the reserve.

I think its a 1%

cost me $17 to list an item witha $1700 reserve

Holy carp, I did not know that. Last time I sold, a Reserve listing was a flat dollar, no matter what the reserve. Now it's a percentage of the reserve? That is BS.