• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Share your comic bookcases.

33 posts in this topic

What an appropriate thread. A few years back my grandad and I made these oak cabinets for my books. We worked for several months and got to spend a great deal of time together working on them.

One year ago today we found out he had terminal cancer. He died in August. Today would have been his 81st birthday. Not a day goes by that I don't see those cabinets and think of him.

1671579-cases1.jpg

1671579-cases2.jpg

1671579-cases3.jpg

1671579-cases3.jpg.d85eed6b424957dff8e54944c31cb85c.jpg

What an appropriate thread. A few years back my grandad and I made these oak cabinets for my books. We worked for several months and got to spend a great deal of time together working on them.

One year ago today we found out he had terminal cancer. He died in August. Today would have been his 81st birthday. Not a day goes by that I don't see those cabinets and think of him.

1671579-cases1.jpg

1671579-cases2.jpg

1671579-cases3.jpg

Sorry for your loss Stronguy. But it is very nice that you two got to share making something you love. They are beautiful!

Room2.jpg

Small suggestion.

Put backing boards at the front and rear of your long boxes. These will protect that little oval area of your comics from indentations or sunlight or whatever.

Room2.jpg

Small suggestion.

Put backing boards at the front and rear of your long boxes. These will protect that little oval area of your comics from indentations or sunlight or whatever.

Thanks. The blinds were only opened so I could take the pics - as a rule they are closed to stop such fading.

I like "seeing" the book through the handle cause then I can tell what is likely in the box (they are in strict indicia alphabetical order).

No book is ever at the front for too long. As more books are added, they all get shuffled down. I think writing on the boxes is a bit too messy. As the contents/title change, more amendments are required to the labelling.