• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2023 at 4:23 PM, Math Teacher said:

The other day in the Silver Age forum, @Morganmi mentioned an inability to focus. This purchase is another example of this.

This cover, at least to me, is the most iconic image of Batman and Robin. The only one that might be comparable, at least to me, is the Carmine Infantino pinup of Batman and Robin, which is pictured below.

I just wanted to say "Thank you!" to @Mighty joe for selling me this book for a very fair price.

Batman9.thumb.jpg.7da0c0bc206d21c5730e0199c2950212.jpg

This book was received just three days after Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. I think that is very cool.

Yes, I am fully aware of the three holes that were paper punched through the entire book. I wish they weren't there, but I wouldn't have been able to afford this book otherwise. Besides, they don't really affect the cover image.

Here is the Carmine Infantino pin-up of Batman and Robin, another very iconic image of Batman and Robin.

Bask in the Glory of the Original BATMAN AND ROBIN Rooftop ...

I would agree. Such an eye caching cover as well as a black cover. Your eyes are drawn right to them. The punch holes are almost unnoticeable to me. Like you, the only reason I have one is I bought mine so long ago. 

On 8/14/2023 at 7:24 AM, Robot Man said:

Lucky flea market find yesterday. Was just laying unbagged on a lady’s table. Just one single book. To tell the truth, I was unaware of the significance since I rarely buy this title. Made getting up early a good thing! 

IMG_7150.jpeg

I only recently obtained a copy for my collection.  A very important issue for Superman fans.  Although, I probably paid more for mine than you did... and it looks like it's about the same grade too!

RAD498472022111_133256.thumb.jpg.38bf43a780b81ab9440e8d2ef94eafda.jpg