• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

thanks, I have to agree with others in that it's hard to find the Supes #14 without any color touch, you see them around at conventions, but there almost always restored...I almost bought me a Supes #17 last year at Chicago Con, it was nice and clean with one small piece of tape on the bottom of the spine to hold together a one inch split, and very white pages... but, the printing registration was off, and I got crosseyed when looking at the cover, so I passed. and Durden08 is right the #17 doesn't come up for sale too often. you got a real nice one, congrats !!

I posted this this morning on the grading forum, but except for the king I'm not getting much lovin'. Nobody like Golden Age Kirby over there? frown.gif

Like I said there, I just picked this Strange World of Your Dreams #2 up on ebay. The scan was smallish and I knew it had tape, but the price was right and I don't see these too often. It presents a little nicer than the scan. PQ is nice, OW/W. Unfortunately, theres a 1/4-1/2" tear running through the 1st two pages pages. I'm tres happy, regardless. cloud9.gif

starngeworldfront.jpg

thanks, I have to agree with others in that it's hard to find the Supes #14 without any color touch, you see them around at conventions, but there almost always restored...I almost bought me a Supes #17 last year at Chicago Con, it was nice and clean with one small piece of tape on the bottom of the spine to hold together a one inch split, and very white pages... but, the printing registration was off, and I got crosseyed when looking at the cover, so I passed. and Durden08 is right the #17 doesn't come up for sale too often. you got a real nice one, congrats !!

I agree. Metro has a very sharp VF- #14 with some CT that I thought about for a long time, but then I stumbled across my copy with white pages and got it for a song. Overall, I think I'm much happier with the lower grade unrestored book.

Overall, I think I'm much happier with the lower grade unrestored book.

I feel the same way, I'll take a lower grade UNrestored book anyday over the higher grade restored..you did good.

I have always loved Mac Raboy's Art on the color pages of the Overstreet and this cover is a nice one. Only thing missing are Nazis! (maybe they are hidden inside...)

I too love Mac Raboy covers. One of the great cover artists of the golden-age. Good pickup. thumbsup2.gif