• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Some recent new books in my home coming from a complicated trade / cash deal with 143ksk that took many months to finally complete and I had to actually go to his house to close the deal. sumo.gif

Captain%20Marvel%2029%20-%20Small.jpg

That CMA #29, Is that the first Mister Mind or The Start of the Mister Mind story line? I can never seem to remember. Something tells me this is a key for the series.

That CMA #29, Is that the first Mister Mind or The Start of the Mister Mind story line? I can never seem to remember. Something tells me this is a key for the series.

That is the first Mr. Mind cover. The serial starts a few issues before this. I've decided that I need to get the whole Monster Society of Evil run of Captain Marvel, as I can't see to find the reprint book anywhere cheap.

Pep48-Small2.jpg

I really don't know what they were thinking of when they came up with this cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice set of books!

They weren't. foreheadslap.gif

Hey now... crazy.gif I LOVE the Archie fish cover. It is just so... bizarre. Completely GA. I just need to get the Archie football head cover to complete the set. yay.gif

Memorable covers all! That AGC #3 has to be one of best Fawcett Super-hero covers out there. Nice pickups Bob.

Completely agree on the AGC #3, it was the book that was the most difficult to pry out of Steve's hands, I believe. The insides are also quite good, with two stories having really awesome two page splashes (something I haven't seen in too many GA comics) and some really nice artwork. I'd like to be able to find a copy in a little better shape later one and keep this one as a reader. I should scan some of the splashes out of it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

AND, I just can't believe that Overstreet doesn't break this out as a classic cover sign-rantpost.gif They seem to put classic cover designations on any cover that even comes close these days, but they can't pull this one out makepoint.gif

That is the first Mr. Mind cover. The serial starts a few issues before this. I've decided that I need to get the whole Monster Society of Evil run of Captain Marvel, as I can't see to find the reprint book anywhere cheap.

Sadly, that is correct. The Archives seem to stop right before. Best you can do is find readers which seem to be in abundance, just a lot of money to throw around even in VG(isn't it like 20 issues and about $30/ea? ouch)

Sadly, that is correct. The Archives seem to stop right before. Best you can do is find readers which seem to be in abundance, just a lot of money to throw around even in VG(isn't it like 20 issues and about $30/ea? ouch)

Yeah, about, though you can usually find deals on Captain Marvel if you look around and I am not in any kind of a hurry. I still have some John Stanley and Walt Kelly stuff to hunt down as well. I enjoy this era of Captain Marvel quite a bit and so I think Monster Society of Evil run is a nice target. I should have just bought the darn Monster Society of Evil hardcover when it first came up, but the $100+ price tag scared me off and I thought I could get it cheaper later frown.gif

Pep48-Small2.jpg

I really don't know what they were thinking of when they came up with this cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice set of books!

They weren't. foreheadslap.gif

More like, "What were the smoking?"

Yeah, about, though you can usually find deals on Captain Marvel if you look around and I am not in any kind of a hurry. I still have some John Stanley and Walt Kelly stuff to hunt down as well. I enjoy this era of Captain Marvel quite a bit and so I think Monster Society of Evil run is a nice target. I should have just bought the darn Monster Society of Evil hardcover when it first came up, but the $100+ price tag scared me off and I thought I could get it cheaper later frown.gif

I think Bud Plant had it on sale for 60 bucks or less at some point in the 90s -- that's when I picked up my copy.

I think Bud Plant had it on sale for 60 bucks or less at some point in the 90s -- that's when I picked up my copy.

Me, too smile.gif

Hey Bob--wanna trade for it? grin.gif

Yeah, I know.... sorry.gif I wasn't buying comics at that point and only found out about it too late... frown.gif Now sold out

Nice MLJ's you can't go wrong with a single digit Jackpot.

Here's my latest additions. I am told this Whiz 100 came from Geppi in the late 70's and was part of a "find". If its a pedigree and there's no way to substantiate, what else can you do.

whiz100.jpg

This is my first time trying to post anything, although I have been reading the GA boards for about a year now.

I wanted to start with this book, which I first saw at a shop here in Vancouver, about eight years ago. At the time, when I finally decided to buy it, someone had already scooped it. When the Edgar Church copy came up for sale last year, I put in an offer and got it.

I think its the most amazing cover in the Centaur run, and i haven't seen it posted yet.

I have been hooked back into GA collecting in a big way... too bad my eyes are bigger than my bankbook!

1223943-KDF20lores.jpg.902cd82ad942661fa6fc680b27655185.jpg

Sorry, the picture (Keen Detective Funnies #20) only comes up as an attachment... I'll have to fool around with this some more ...

Also, I just realized this topic was for NEWER GA purchases... hope you'll forgive an eager rookie.