• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

I always liked this cover. Can be tricky to find these late precode/ early post code tomahawks.

1295552-tomahawk26.jpg

Nick Cardy -- from a very fun time period! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let's see how many threads I can post this sucker in...

1294423-headline8.jpg

Very Nice! Sadly, I still do not have a copy. I used to see it on ebay with some regularity, but either too low grade, or the bidding would go just a bit too high. I haven't bought much in the last year, but am back looking -it and Cap 46 are the only books

left that I don't have from my original premium want list that I made out upon aquiring the Gerbers back around 1993.

BAT47.jpg

hello all...

ok, trying to see if I can post a pic...if I mess up, I apologize and will try to correct (I am not all that technically savy)

thanks

rick

1297861-BAT47.jpg.838308bb4e534b6bfd795ec7fab87d5c.jpg

Edited by NewForceComics

hello all...

thanks...not sure what photobucket is, but I figured out (thanks to my webmaster) how to add an image to my ebay file on my website, so I think I can add pics now...

thanks

rick

ps-just went to photobucket.com...thanks for the heads up...

Edited by NewForceComics

Did Fiction House cover artists usually just trace or copy soft-core girly mags? This is yet another example that convinces me. Just look at that pose! The artist slapped a leopard-skin bikini on a pin-up. Anyone know who drew this one? Whitman?

[i'm not passing any moral judgment here about the content or ethics of the artists -- just musing about source material.]

Jack

From 143ksk

jung75.jpg

yay.gif

Just won this the other day. It hasn't gotten here yet, but I wanted to go ahead and share it. I've been looking for a copy of this book for nearly two years and this is the first one I've seen for sale anywhere. yay.gif

By far the coolest of the early John Carter of Mars covers. Art by ERB's son John Coleman Burroughs. I probably overpaid, but who knows when I'll ever see another one. I can live with the waterspot.

funnies360pw.jpg

Did Fiction House cover artists usually just trace or copy soft-core girly mags? This is yet another example that convinces me. Just look at that pose! The artist slapped a leopard-skin bikini on a pin-up. Anyone know who drew this one? Whitman?

[i'm not passing any moral judgment here about the content or ethics of the artists -- just musing about source material.]

Jack

From 143ksk

yay.gif

I've read comments that Baker had "photography" magazines around as source material. The pose of that gal, however, looks like something out of a ballet where she's being supported by the male lead.

Not sure where to post this exactly, so I'll drop it in recent pe-code too...

The first time I've had to pay over guide for a funny animal book, but well worth it! 1948 with white pages. Another Halloween cover off of the list!

giggle.jpg