• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,416 posts in this topic

Just picked this one up. One of the very earliest appearances of the original Golden Age Ghost Rider in Magazine Enterprise's Tim Holt #17 from May of 1950. ... This particular issue marks the very first time that Ghost Rider was ever featured on an entire cover (a note that is strangely absent from the CGC label). ...

ef_3.JPG

Is this also Dean Martin's first cover appearance? It predates the DC series by a couple of years. (How strange -- surely intentional.)

Jack

A recent pick-up, Silver Streak #4 (thanks to Andy for spotting it in an out-of-the-way longbox at the Chicago con):

No problem. It worked out well for the both of us, as I got this one as part of the deal. cloud9.gif

usmarines3.jpg

I must get US Marines #3.

October, that book looks GREAT.

In the meantime, I DID get Atomic War! #2, the last issue I needed to complete the set.

atomicwar2.jpg

A recent pick-up, Silver Streak #4 (thanks to Andy for spotting it in an out-of-the-way longbox at the Chicago con):

silverstreak4.jpg

My Silver Streak collection is close to completion. I'll start a thread on it one day.

Nice one CentaurMan (and October, Boy-Wonder)!! Looking forward to the new thread... I have only recently become interested in some of the early SILVER STREAK's, mainly beacuse of Jack Cole's work, the CLAW character, and some Simon art. But I'm sure they have more going for them than that. Looking forward to my #2.

sign-funnypost.gif

In the meantime, I DID get Atomic War! #2, the last issue I needed to complete the set.

atomicwar2.jpg

That's an interesting series to complete!

Thanks CM...the pages on the KC #13 are near white too...I am very pleased with it and being a Flash Gordon fan methinks I may follow in your footsteps and attempt to aquire the previous issues... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif