• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

OK, I guess i underestimated the fox & crow appeal. I really should start an infinite DC funny Animal thread. I am curious though, so many people like fox & crow, but to me, dodo & the frog is a much better read. I never really hear many people even talk about it, but fox & the crow seems to be the default DC funny animal favorite.

Do Sugar & Spike count for this proposed thread (though they're technically silver/bronze)? Marc from HouseofComics is bringing a few issues to Sacramento next weekend for me to look at. I still regret not purchasing the one he had at Wondercon a year or two ago. (Though he gave me a great deal on a bright and shiny Batman 146.)

Tha Cap 74 is just amazing, ONE DAY I will have one... Canadian or American, makes no difference to me.

One on EBay as we speak. poke2.gif

That issue is definetly overgraded by the seller, but at least the auction has plenty of images to judge and a fairly reasonable starting bid. Decent page quality as well.

I'll be interested to see what it goes for - prices on this book (in the lower grades) barely moved for a long time after a big run-up in the mid 90s (even dropping a bit from their peak), but seem to have started moving up again.

Not seeing it in hand it's hard to say for sure, but based on the scans you've posted of your U.S. copy - It certainly looks nicer than a 2.5, and definetly nicer than the "VG or better" copy listed in the ebay auction.

What did Harley grade the Canadian version at?

Just came today... some resto work (most evident on the staples), but I don't care. Its a TARGET #7... the Wolverton cover is killer. Great paper quality, and amazing colors. It was one of those "must have's" for me.

cloud9.gif

I am slowly accumulating comics from "The Golden Age of Comics", by Richard O'Brien (1977). Does anyone else own this book? Its a great reference, with full size photos (ranging in quality). I am in the process of beginning time payments on Silver Streak #6 (G/VG), one of the many amazing covers found in this book. Will be sure to post that one when it comes in (many months from now).

1368497-TARGET%237loresPOST.jpg

589a8b110bd60_1368497-TARGET7loresPOST.jpg.134a296c0578a9cca7ebb70a3d45e579.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Just came today... some resto work (most evident on the staples), but I don't care. Its a TARGET #7... the Wolverton cover is killer. Great paper quality, and amazing colors. It was one of those "must have's" for me.

cloud9.gif

I am slowly accumulating comics from "The Golden Age of Comics", by Richard O'Brien (1977). Does anyone else own this book? Its a great reference, with full size photos (ranging in quality). I am in the process of beginning time payments on Silver Streak #6 (G/VG), one of the many amazing covers found in this book. Will be sure to post that one when it comes in (many months from now).

893whatthe.gifhail.gif that is one of the all time great covers IMHO.

cloud9.gif

893whatthe.gifhail.gif that is one of the all time great covers IMHO.

I'll second that--I've got a framed dye-sub print of that cover on my office wall. I'm not sure if it's really as scarce as Gerber believed, but an awesome comic, nonetheless. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Target's look cool, especially those White Streak ones. How do the stories read?

I'm going to read it tomorrow morning... with my eggs and bacon! laugh.gif

Seriously, its got a great line up: a classic Spacehawk with two very phallic looking aliens, a nice looking Burgos White Streak, and Everett Chameleon story, and nice Tarpe Mills story, and a couple of other nice fillers (plus Spacehawk text story). I'm trying to lay my hands on the TARGET #5, with the beauty Everett White Streak cover, and first Spacehawk by Wolverton.

Yeah, I'm not so sure how rare #7 really is, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to finally get ahold of one. Probably overpaid a bit, but I'm ok with that. Now I can cross that one off the list.

At last a package arrived today! These two came from a fine gentleman on these boards! Thanks!

Those are excellent pick ups!!! So, did you ever get yourself a 37?

Not yet. After reading these last night I added a few more Advs to my want list as well. I just love golden age!

yay.gif

I'm glad you got your "mail day presents" sweet DC's 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks totem! Two more packages came in today. I am letting them sit on the cabinet torturing me for a while. I want to savor the moment.

cloud9.gif

CROM!!!

I don't throw the word "grail" around lightly, but that my friend is a grail book for me. I have yet to add one to the collection, but hope to.

This arrived today from the Heritage post auction sale. I know it is taboo, but I had to crack it out of the slab. I just love to smell and hold Mile Highs!!

super51mhfc.jpg

supre51mhbc.jpg

Here is the pre-slab opening party picture:

supermilehigh.jpg

cloud9.gif

I am slowly accumulating comics from "The Golden Age of Comics", by Richard O'Brien (1977). Does anyone else own this book?

hi.gif

Love your Target! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif