• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,421 posts in this topic

I got a package yesterday. The #71 has SN on the cover, just like another book

of mine that you pointed out to me, that was a Cooksville copy.

I kept looking for the SN but it was hiding in the kids graffiti. I believe it is Cookeville -- but we'd need a Tennessean to verfiy it. In any event, congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks everyone! I have bought several books from the same guy. His VG to VG+ books have been coming back from CGC up to 7.0 He's a very conservative grader. I will post a link to his website, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.jamespayettecomics.com/

Thanks everyone! I have bought several books from the same guy. His VG to VG+ books have been coming back from CGC up to 7.0 He's a very conservative grader. I will post a link to his website, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.jamespayettecomics.com/

I love buying books from Jim, he is a friend, and a solid grader.

My first Fawcett! This book has been on my want list for quite a while now, and I was happy to find a nice low/midgrade copy. It's my poor man's Action #13 (Superhero stopping a train grin.gif )

My favorite Whiz Comics cover:

Whiz18a.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words on my Whiz 18. Many books on my want list were put there based on board members posting their books and me thinging "wow, I need me one of those" grin.gif. I think I added this one to my want list when CentaurMan posted his awesome copy sometime ago. These boards have opened my GA collecting interests immensely. Thanks everyone!

Brian, great pickup on the Whiz #18! thumbsup2.gif Thanks for sharing.

Like you, I get inspired by the boards seeing so many wonderful GA books....the "Wow!" factor is a big driver of my want list which-- as you know-- keeps growing and growing!!

I guess that's what makes this hobby so much fun.

GE