• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

This just came in the mail from House of Comics. Golden age? Barely, but I think it squeaks in by 14 issues:

1498366-Bravebold14.jpg

I also have a stack of Fiction House books I obtained recently, which I will post later when I get off my butt to scan them.

1498366-Bravebold14.jpg.8a7a26081b88c85700649b8794fd8ac6.jpg

Edited by seank

Hooray! I just got this in today, an ebay win from last week. In my "Candyland" cover/ story collection I thought this would be the last one, the final thorn in my side, but Hooray! Here it is! Its a super nice VG but has the pencil in the logo , which thankfully is not pen! The pages are white-off white and bouncy. cloud9.gif

1496240-action104.jpg

Nice pick-up! thumbsup2.gif

For a second, I thought It was a Christmas cover, and was wondering how I missed that on ebay. Still, I think, I would like this issue for my collection someday.

Mike

tec31cgc.jpg

hello all...

posted this in the detective thread, but wanted to publicly thank Mark, Esquirecomics, for this beaut...

rick

893whatthe.gif Wow, great book rick.

I bet you're the proud papa strutting his stuff...congratulations!

STEVE

Thanks! I really love that action cover cloud9.gif

Are you working on Christmas covers? I am too, and am eagerly awaiting a Comic Cavalcade #19 in the mail cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

hi.gif I am looking for Action Comics Christmas covers #93 #105 #117

Are you working on Christmas covers? I am too, and am eagerly awaiting a Comic Cavalcade #19 in the mail cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

What grade? I know SoCalComics had a nice looking (but lower grade due to a chip out of the bottom of the front cover) copy of #93.

What grade? I know SoCalComics had a nice looking (but lower grade due to a chip out of the bottom of the front cover) copy of #93.

hi.gifScott

I need a bare minimum 4.0 Higher would be better.

Thanks for the concern,

Mike

Heritage has a nice looking CGC 7.5 copy of #93 coming to auction in their January preview.

headbang.gif I may have to make my first purchase from Heritage in January.

Thanks, and I'll let you know, when I find that #13 thumbsup2.gif

My first Mile High purchase

Atoman11946MileHigh.jpg

I am not one to seek out pedigrees generally but this book is hard to find in nice shape and underrated and undervalued. Made just a few months after we learned we'd actually discovered a real method (and not just a mythical one) in which mankind could destroy itself in a matter of days.... comics embraced it as a new way to create superhero origins.

Edited by bluechip