• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,426 posts in this topic

Geez! I didn't realize it was so storied a book? Does it have a clear title now? crazy.gif

I just found the chip inside of the book, so its still there, and I pieced it over the hole so in the bag it looks a bit better. Man, I have dinged a few books in my day, but never a GA DC Hero book! foreheadslap.gif

As for the Painting sale, Send me your address & I'll mail you out a gratis piece of art for finding me a buyer, I appreciate it!

thumbsup2.gif

Geez! I didn't realize it was so storied a book? Does it have a clear title now? crazy.gif

27_laughing.gif Yeah, totally clear title. You bought it from the rightful owner. Of course, the thief still has MY money. 893censored-thumb.gif But I am working on that. yay.gif

I just found the chip inside of the book, so its still there, and I pieced it over the hole so in the bag it looks a bit better. Man, I have dinged a few books in my day, but never a GA DC Hero book! foreheadslap.gif

Glad the chip went with the book. Just think about it this way. My clumsiness saved you some money. 27_laughing.gifcrazy.gif

As for the Painting sale, Send me your address & I'll mail you out a gratis piece of art for finding me a buyer, I appreciate it!

thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif SWEET! Definitely not necessary, but I ain't gonna try to talk you out of it either. 27_laughing.gif PM on the way! cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif

pm from me too............I read the thread and agonized with you ....... juggle.gif

poke2.gif

Regarding mylars, I think the key is to use larger mylars. What I don't understand is why people use mylars that are too tight on the edges. It's impossible to get books in those things. Get yourself magazine size mylars. No snags, not too tight.

That's a good point, Paul. Earlier this year, I broke down and got mag-sized Mylars for a handful of my GA books. Especially if GA books have slight spine rolls which make them wider, or "snaggable" wear on the edges, it's great to have Mylars they can slide into easily.

I'm not a funny animal collector, but I love this cover. 1510295-ComicScan0255.JPG

893applaud-thumb.gif

that whole run has wonderful covers!

Al Fago's funny animal work is highly enjoyable. In addition to a few of the comics, I have the OA to one of the covers.

wow! Original Fago art! Which one?

v3#9 Large size -- it looks much nicer in b&w.

I really like the inking on the fur of the bear. blush.gif

AHHHH You're killing me! That cover has a Jack O Lantern on it... I am extremely jealous.... blush.gif

I think of it more for as Thanksgiving infinity cover (stats are still there) but, gosh darn, there's the JOL too. It's framed so no pic until I get a digital camera.

I'm very excited about this copy and couldn't wait to open the box when I saw that it arrived. I just came in the mail today. It has very nice white pages inside and the inks really do pop off the pages. Its a very nice upgrade to my VG+ copy.

Too bad about the foxing on front but the back is very nice. yay.gif

SensationComics93.jpg

SensationComics93b.jpg

hello all...

boy, some of those sensation comics are nice...I never really paid too much attention, but that is one of the great purposes this board serves, exposure to that we might otherwise not notice!...

well done

rick

I'm very excited about this copy and couldn't wait to open the box when I saw that it arrived. I just came in the mail today. It has very nice white pages inside and the inks really do pop off the pages. Its a very nice upgrade to my VG+ copy.

Too bad about the foxing on front but the back is very nice. yay.gif

foxing....smhmoxing,,

nice book fonz

nice book fonz

Thanks guys. These later Sensations have been a thrill for me to find. This copy is a very nice upgrade. However, this issue is one that seems to make its way on ebay more often than the surrounding issues. Not in this nice of grade though. devil.gif