• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,411 posts in this topic

Haha....OK, you talked me into it smile.gif

Other than the run of Nickel 1 thru 8, I didn't own any Fawcetts...until now!

100_1439.jpg

Btw, all these books came from Marnin Rosenberg (www.collectorsassemble.com). To say that I am pleased would be an understatement...

STEVE

hello all...

since I am starting my whiz run now (likely 1-25)...

takeit.gif

rick

Haha....OK, you talked me into it smile.gif

Other than the run of Nickel 1 thru 8, I didn't own any Fawcetts...until now!

100_1439.jpg

Btw, all these books came from Marnin Rosenberg (www.collectorsassemble.com). To say that I am pleased would be an understatement...

STEVE

hello all...

since I am starting my whiz run now (likely 1-25)...

takeit.gif

rick

Steve is like the "black hole" of comics. Comics go into his collection, but they never come out...

Steve is like the "black hole" of comics. Comics go into his collection, but they never come out...

Not true! Though I have slowed the pace of wheeling-and-dealing in recent years, I'm amenable to special circumstances.

Larsons are a good way to capture my eye wink.gif

STEVE

Purchased this today, not from October, even though I've been bothering him for six months or so to sell me his copy. I can no longer do this poke2.gif to him:

1528494-terrorsjungle20vgf.jpg

It came from the collection Brian Peets purchased recently. I'm posting my Jumbos from that collection in the Fiction House thread.

1528494-terrorsjungle20vgf.jpg.8ea7b2ddec238d542cd74e70e6482561.jpg

Edited by seank

Purchased this today, not from October, even though I've been bothering him for six months or so to sell me his copy. I can no longer do this poke2.gif to him:

It came from the collection Brian Peets purchased recently. I'm posting my Jumbos from that collection in the Fiction House thread.

893applaud-thumb.gif Thank God! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif Thank God! 893applaud-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif

Finally my copy can rest easy. cloud9.gif

TotJ20-1.jpg

Finally my copy can rest easy. cloud9.gif

TotJ20-1.jpg

Gee Andy, too bad you couldn't find a nice copy on that ... 893whatthe.gif

Pedigree?

STEVE

Nope, not a pedigree. I was fortunate enough to buy it right here on the boards (thanks to 143ksk). A centerfold staple pop and back cover creases brought it down into my price range. Front cover looks way nicer than the technical grade....just the way I likes 'em!

Here's a pick up off ebay along with a few other books for the grand sum of $9.99 + shipping, which I combined with a few other wins so it added less than .50 cents to the per book cost. cloud9.gif

GGA, Early Laugh and a fun read............Low grade/Mid grade/High Grade....I love em all. thumbsup2.gif

Super Duck #8

Jughead #101

Archie #141

Jughead #56

Laugh #99

Laugh #24

Suzie #55

Wilber #7

1528952-ComicScan0275.JPG

1528952-ComicScan0275.JPG.1a80ce292e30387d4bc9df3cf4d62dd1.JPG

Thanks for the comments guys! It took me a long time to round all of these up - they don't come up sale very often. Maybe I'll put together a group shot. I think Funnies 36 in particular is a very underrated cover - I just sold my lower grade undercopy for nearly 3X guide! I couldn't believe it. I though I was crazy when I paid 1.5 guide for it. screwy.gif

A group shot would be killer!

Here you go:

John Carter group shot

Here's a pick up off ebay along with a few other books for the grand sum of $9.99 + shipping, which I combined with a few other wins so it added less than .50 cents to the per book cost. cloud9.gif

GGA, Early Laugh and a fun read............Low grade/Mid grade/High Grade....I love em all. thumbsup2.gif

Super Duck #8

Jughead #101

Archie #141

Jughead #56

Laugh #99

Laugh #24

Suzie #55

Wilber #7

1528952-ComicScan0275.JPG

I think that laugh may have some Kirby art in it.

Perhaps a bit premature to start handing out cigars, but I now own 16% of this book. Steve Wyatt owns the rest, but it will reside in my collection in several months. I'm excited because this is a beautiful copy and my favorite Phantom Lady cover.

1529228-phantomlady.jpg

1529228-phantomlady.jpg.785cdf0fe89e9d19b65b1afa22317039.jpg

Edited by seank

Perhaps a bit premature to start handing out cigars, but I now own 16% of this book. Steve Wyatt owns the rest, but it will reside in my collection in several months. I'm excited because this is a beautiful copy and my favorite Phantom Lady cover.

1529228-phantomlady.jpg

Very nice! thumbsup2.gif

Do you own the good parts or the boring parts?

1529228-phantomlady.jpg

Very nice! thumbsup2.gif

Phantom Lady only has good parts.

Or were you referring to the comic itself?

1529228-phantomlady.jpg

Very nice! thumbsup2.gif

Phantom Lady only has good parts.

Or were you referring to the comic itself?

Yes insane.gif

Here's another acquisition from back before I replaced my scanner.

Police Comics 56 from July 1946 in about fine condition.

The scanner had a trouble picking up the yellow cover -- it's not really that splotchy. Looks like I have some learning to do.

Interesting issue with a Jack Cole Plastic Man cover and story, Flatfoot Burns, Human Bomb, Candy, Dewey Drip, Manhunter, Specks, Spirit (signed Eisner but attributed by GCD to Lou Fine).

Jack

1527943-Police56.jpg