• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,437 posts in this topic

1587931-Dynamic9a.JPG

Thanks to CentaurMan, nearmint, and MCMiles respectively.

Definitely a dynamic trio!

1587931-Dynamic9a.JPG

Thanks to CentaurMan, nearmint, and MCMiles respectively.

Awsome cover! I had never seen one in person until I saw you snag this one in the Marketplace the other day. Great pick-up! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Chesler had some great underrated covers.

It's been a good 2007 so far...

1587924-AA61a.JPG

Not only is it an freakin' awesome cover, the actual Solomon Grundy story is quite good. The artwork is only so-so, but the plot is strong. They really capture the non-evil brute mayhem of the "villain" in his very first appearance, and Green Lantern has to get really, really lucky to beat him.

It's been a good 2007 so far...

1587924-AA61a.JPG

Not only is it an freakin' awesome cover, the actual Solomon Grundy story is quite good. The artwork is only so-so, but the plot is strong. They really capture the non-evil brute mayhem of the "villain" in his very first appearance, and Green Lantern has to get really, really lucky to beat him.

Plus on the cover you get to see GL and Doiby's..... wait for it.......

buttocks.

acclaim.gif Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

The warning is much appreciated -- I'll act accordingly! thumbsup2.gif

kinda surprised I won this so cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...21144&rd=1&rd=1

pretty sweet looking copy, no #16s previously in GPA database. Any thoughts on whether it's worth having the piece of tape removed? Personally, I don't care if anyone would then consider the book restored, I'd rather have the book conserved by removing the tape that could eat away at it over the years. Not sure, however, the extent which the removal process itself would damage the book. I'm sure several here know.

Sweet. The cover looks better than 6.5. 893applaud-thumb.gif

yeah the listing speculates it got dinged at least 2.0 for the tape, looks like it. Yesterday, after seeing and discussing a bunch of fairly common BA books for $200-300, this struck me as a relative bargain.

I had that one on my watch list, but decided not to bid as my funds are limited, so with Nedors I'm trying to stay focused on Schomburg covers. Had I bought it, I would have scanned the back cover as soon as I received it and emailed the scan to Matt to see if he thought he could help with the tape. It does look like a very pretty copy, nice and clean.