• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

We all decided it would be cool to put some of our Key issues into a group shot, so here it is. Believe it or not, we couldn't get them all onto the bed. So plenty got left out!

Golden Dreams!!

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

Oh My God! I don't want to see the pictures of what went on after the books were spread all over the bed. blush.gif

Obviously a sweet Hitler cover but is it also known as a concentration camp cover? Probably not in the same vein as the Captain America comic but how many WWII era books even highlight the concentration camps?

I think that was part of the appeal for it to me. I think Air Ace 2.1 (per Overstreet, but I'm a little hesitant as it looks more POWish to me), Cap 46, and this book may be it! Captain Midnight 23 has a Japanese internment camp cover, but I can't think of any others showing actual concentration camps.

Not to mention that the Hitler story and art inside is phenomenal.

I wasn't a big fan of this book a couple of weeks ago, but now I'm a big believer!

Told you it was cool! makepoint.gif

This one's kind of cool too. The cover is about China, and the story goes through about 2000 yrs of Chinese history, ending with their (at the time) current struggle against Japan - with obvious ties to WWII.

1635934-reallife5a.JPG

1635934-reallife5a.JPG.750466c02cd6ee8926ea8de4b4520fc3.JPG

Edited by buttock

We all decided it would be cool to put some of our Key issues into a group shot, so here it is. Believe it or not, we couldn't get them all onto the bed. So plenty got left out!

Golden Dreams!!

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

Now you are talking.... cloud9.gif Amazing

well I just crapped! ...speec..ch..lessss

Cool stuff huh!?

Here is a pic that leaves a few out, but you can see the ones near the top better.

groupshot3.jpg

Bah! No Silver Streak 1 or 6?!? Utter tripe.

(oh, also hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif )

Cool stuff huh!?

Here is a pic that leaves a few out, but you can see the ones near the top better.

groupshot3.jpg

Actually there is a #1 and 6. If they are not in the picture, they were in the room.

Here are two more that I scored, that made me VERY happy! yay.gif

mm0130.jpg

mm0131.jpg

Amazing Bill ! Is the Batman 1 restored and if so how much work was done? Looks amazing!

Thanks Bro! I am very happy. I have been without a Batman #1 for five years, and it is just about my favorite book (other than Tec 27).

This one was from an original owner collection, Matt just finished the resto and I traded him for it. The work is nice, and not too heavy. The pages are a beautiful off-white to white.

mm0130.jpg

mm0131.jpg

Amazing Bill ! Is the Batman 1 restored and if so how much work was done? Looks amazing!

Thanks Bro! I am very happy. I have been without a Batman #1 for five years, and it is just about my favorite book (other than Tec 27).

This one was from an original owner collection, Matt just finished the resto and I traded him for it. The work is nice, and not too heavy. The pages are a beautiful off-white to white.

Hey Bill,

I will PM you my address so you can send it to me for a closer look. Don't worry, I will send it back devil.gif

Cool stuff huh!?

groupshot3.jpg

Actually there is a #1 and 6. If they are not in the picture, they were in the room.

893censored-thumb.gif

mm0130.jpg

mm0131.jpg

Maybe some day you'll have an Adventure 37 to add to that "bedspread". insane.gif

Man I love that Adventure #40... Man Thats a book..... cloud9.gif

Ok after that amzing series of photos, this will shine a little less, but I just got this book in from Bill and absolutely love it!

1635974-flash44.jpg

THe cover is by Lou Ferstadt, whoo I think does a much better Flash then Hibbard, whose work usually makes me wince Just a little bit. Beautiful inking on that octopus, with great colros too. The cover scene DOES appear inside! cloud9.gif

The Most shocking thing for me was the Ghost Patrol story which features the GP (A very odd hero concept) battling Hitler & Goebbles! I know DC was a bit more hesitant to jump into the war like that, so I never saw it coming. The Moldoff Hakman story is just beautiful with a splash that could have come out of a precode horror comic!

1635974-flash44.jpg.204394202d8e502c51e8ceeaed993367.jpg

Maybe some day you'll have an Adventure 37 to add to that "bedspread". insane.gif

Only with your help! poke2.gif

Man I love that Adventure #40... Man Thats a book..... cloud9.gif

Ok after that amzing series of photos, this will shine a little less, but I just got this book in from Bill and absolutely love it!

1635974-flash44.jpg

THe cover is by Lou Ferstadt, whoo I think does a much better Flash then Hibbard, whose work usually makes me wince Just a little bit. Beautiful inking on that octopus, with great colros too. The cover scene DOES appear inside! cloud9.gif

The Most shocking thing for me was the Ghost Patrol story which features the GP (A very odd hero concept) battling Hitler & Goebbles! I know DC was a bit more hesitant to jump into the war like that, so I never saw it coming. The Moldoff Hakman story is just beautiful with a splash that could have come out of a precode horror comic!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Outstanding pick ups, Bill, and a mind-blowing group shot!!! I would loose it if I saw all those books in one room... aside from the one or two books I own present in that shot, I have never had teh pleasure of seeing ANY of those other books in person. I would like to see a MARVEL #1 in person before I die...

I see TWO Marvel Mystery #9's lurking in that shot... cloud9.gif

Golden Dreams!!

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

That's one bed you'd better not jump on. grin.gif

Now I lay me down to sleep. A batch of Golden Age at my feet.

Golden Dreams!!

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

I'll take whatever falls out of bed! stooges.gif

Sounds like a great time with the geeks! Any pics of the party?

Well, this is the closest I'll get to issue three. This book walked into the LCS about six weeks ago. I knew that I'd have to give it a loving home. It has some gloss and nice color. Does it look like a g/vg?

1636158-IMG_0283.jpg

1636158-IMG_0285.jpg

Yes, and underrated cover IMHO.

Golden Dreams!!

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

Do the fortresses protect them better than the slabs when you roll around naked on them? poke2.gif

No pictures necessary.

Golden Dreams!!

groupshot2.jpg

groupshot1.jpg

Do the fortresses protect them better than the slabs when you roll around naked on them? poke2.gif

No pictures necessary.

As a matter of fact, they do. thumbsup2.gif