• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,425 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Timely thread, but I felt compelled to share it with my non-Timely brethren and sisters as well.

Just in...

mm0159.jpg

That is awesome!! hail.gif

Jeepers Creepers, Bill!!! That is a BEAUT!!! Is that he reason for the massive TEC sell off?

That is such a nice book... cloud9.gif

Nope. Just a "new pair of jeans" as one board member aptly opined recently. grin.gif

Are you saying that this still is not the BIG purchase you were hinting at? My god man there are only a couple of books that are bigger than this. 893whatthe.gif

Are you saying that this still is not the BIG purchase you were hinting at? My god man there are only a couple of books that are bigger than this. 893whatthe.gif

my vote is for the "soggy dish water" pedigree of millie the model #70....

rick

I posted this in the Timely thread, but I felt compelled to share it with my non-Timely brethren and sisters as well.

Just in...

mm0159.jpg

That is awesome!! hail.gif

Jeepers Creepers, Bill!!! That is a BEAUT!!! Is that he reason for the massive TEC sell off?

That is such a nice book... cloud9.gif

Nope. Just a "new pair of jeans" as one board member aptly opined recently. grin.gif

I guess that kinda narrows it down then doesn't it? wink.gif

Nice pickup Red!

Once you start on GA, there's no going back. You think it's just one book now, but six months from now, you'll be using your stack of pretty SA books as a footrest... wink.gif

Nice Pickup Redhook. I think I saw that copy a while back and was sorely tempted to pick it up. That is a great book and White Cover Police covers are hard to find in decent shape. A really, sweet book is that one.

I have never seen any of those 3 funny stuff issues for sale. frustrated.gif

hello all...

I missed the crippin run that sold on heritage last year, that is the only time I have seen them available anywhere...

rick

hello all...

I missed the crippin run that sold on heritage last year, that is the only time I have seen them available anywhere...

rick

'gator, back-to-back ain't lookin' so hot, not with the round ball, anyway. and you're going to be sitting next to me in 7 mos. when the other dream bites the dust. still, you have had fun while it lasted. the boys in purple and gold will be the first two-time bcs champions come next january, and i know i'll be enjoying myself.

hello all...

rick

'gator, back-to-back ain't lookin' so hot, not with the round ball, anyway. and you're going to be sitting next to me in 7 mos. when the other dream bites the dust. still, you have had fun while it lasted. the boys in purple and gold will be the first two-time bcs champions come next january, and i know i'll be enjoying myself.

yo...after tomorrow, dem gatorboyz (as joakim likes to call them) will be rockin' and rollin' post Wildcat feast....

have you seen our FB recruiting class?...if I was a purple and gold team, I would start shakin' now poke2.gif

let the GATORS growllllllll~!

Beautiful book Red. What was it about that book that convinced you to make the plunge? I'm always curious to know what makes a Silver Age collector put his toe in the Golden Age pond.

Combination of things.....first off, I've wanted an Okajima pedigree book to add to my collection, because of the intriguing backstory (what there is off it) and I wanted one with the signature on it.

Plus the Cole cover and the beautiful condition. And CW gave me a counteroffer I thought was very fair.

And there you have it! wink.gif